PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge April: pairings and final rules

Emmitt2222
04-05-2005, 06:04 PM
The Rules:
1. Everyone puts in how many hands they think they will play and then I will pick who will be matched up fairly unless people specifically challenge each other. If need be, there can be handicaps or several people taking on one person, but this must be set at the beginning of the month and can not be changed afterwards.
2. I will put up the thread to report weekly numbers every Thursday. You have until Sunday night at 11:59pm to report or you will lose 1k hands from your final total [unless you have really good reason or I am told beforehand]. The results for the week will be posted every Monday.
3. All hands will count for any game that you are a winner or trying to learn/win at. All live hands count as 35/hour and all hands that you don't/can't put into poker tracker online like some tournies or SNGs I think should count as 50/table/hour to err on the side of caution. All full ring game hands that can't be put into PT will count as 60/table/hour and all shorthanded games will count as 75/table/hour
4. Whoever wins at the end of the month chooses the other's avatar and location, but it must not be something so offensive so as to get anyone banned.

The Matchups:
Isura vs. MEbenhoe
eibert vs. mantasm
Dariel86 vs. Dopey
billyjex vs. eric5148
Piz0wn0reD vs. Fabian
DBowling vs. Ponks
Grouchie vs. me [because DMB chickened out after recieving quite possibly one of the worst avatars ever /images/graemlins/smile.gif]
climber vs. Perseus
Uw_madtown vs. detruncate
TheCaptain vs. Moyer
Surfbullet vs. Evilganz
Ucfryan vs. masonx
Brom vs. Shoe
Jba vs. 27offsooot
CanKid vs. Pottie
Bottomset vs. Redmen62
JinX11 vs. ReadyEddie
UMCorona vs. Dubra
Sin808 vs. cookie [with a 2:1 handicap]

Hope thats everyone. If you have any problem with the matchups, want out or don't like the rules post here or PM me. You can also use this time to shoot you mouth off about how you will crush your competition. First week standing will begin to be reported starting tomorrow. Good luck.

MEbenhoe
04-05-2005, 09:14 PM
If you play in a home game do those count same as B&M hands or are those not counted at all?

Ponks
04-05-2005, 09:23 PM
Sorry DB, but I refuse to lose this month.

Ponks

grouchie
04-05-2005, 09:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you play in a home game do those count same as B&M hands or are those not counted at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

when Calculating my average hands per month, I only looked at pokertracker over the last 2 months.
So, since i'm challenging the organizer of this I'll be nice and only count my online hands for the month.
Don't want to beat him by too much /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Emmitt2222
04-05-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when Calculating my average hands per month, I only looked at pokertracker over the last 2 months.
So, since i'm challenging the organizer of this I'll be nice and only count my online hands for the month.
Don't want to beat him by too much /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get too cocky now. I'm 2-0 over the last two months in the OC.

For the home game, that is a really tough question. I play with some guys from time to time but it isnt overly serious and goes hella slow so I would not count those. If you have a pretty serious home game that you play because it is +EV, not just for fun while drunk or something, then I would count it the same as B&M, otherwise nothing. Hope that works as an answer.

sin808
04-05-2005, 10:04 PM
sweet I'm handicapped!! probably in more ways than one.

ReadyEddie
04-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Cool bring it on. Are we reporting our hands by private msg to Emmitt?

JinX11
04-05-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cool bring it on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I'll bring it. Don't worry.

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/494/bringit0vt.jpg

Surfbullet
04-05-2005, 10:50 PM
sweet....evilganz is going DOWN!

Surf

cookie
04-06-2005, 08:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sweet I'm handicapped!! probably in more ways than one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but that means that I have to play a [censored] lot of hands. And the there also is the ethical question of betting a handicapped... hmmmm... Ill do it! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

So no more schoolwork for me this month or something since I need to win this challenge.

hf and gl

zephed56
04-06-2005, 08:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...4. Whoever wins at the end of the month chooses the other's avatar and location, but it must not be something so offensive so as to get anyone banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh.

TheCaptain
04-07-2005, 12:13 AM
I'll be at cantebury for a few days, so I'm reporting 11k hands played so far

DBowling
04-07-2005, 12:39 AM
you are going down.