PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a math book for hold'em

Diracdelta
04-05-2005, 05:12 PM
I'm looking for a math book for hold em. I have read statistics and probability theory (don't know if that are the correct names) at the university. Din't like it much before I started to play poker /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I'm looking for a book shows how all the calculations are made that can be done for poker especially hold'em.

philnewall
04-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Never read it, but Mike Petriv's Hold'em odds book should do the trick.

Diracdelta
04-06-2005, 07:52 AM
Thanks will take a look at it.

SNOWBALL138
04-06-2005, 08:55 AM
There's a book called the mathematics of poker by Bill Chen and some others. I haven't read it, but I intend to look at it.

jakethebake
04-06-2005, 09:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's a book called the mathematics of poker by Bill Chen and some others. I haven't read it, but I intend to look at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't heard of this. Any idea where it's available?

edit: a google search indicates that the other authors are Jerrod Ankenman & Andy Latto. In Dec. 2003, they were indicating it was due out "next year".

splashpot
04-06-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: a google search indicates that the other authors are Jerrod Ankenman & Andy Latto. In Dec. 2003, they were indicating it was due out "next year".

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this mean it's not going to come out? Bill Chen is number 1 on Sklansky's list of smartest poker players. I'd be interesting to see what kind of book would come from such a guy.

jakethebake
04-06-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this mean it's not going to come out? Bill Chen is number 1 on Sklansky's list of smartest poker players. I'd be interesting to see what kind of book would come from such a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked on this. Their draft is due for editing June 15, and rhey expect it to be published around Sept.

maurile
04-06-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If it's Bill Chen and Jerrod Ankenman, it may be somewhat like this stuff (http://tinyurl.com/6ahvf). (Which would be cool.)

jojobinks
04-06-2005, 04:43 PM
why not just theory of poker, small stakes hold em, or holdem for advanced players?

jakethebake
04-06-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why not just theory of poker, small stakes hold em, or holdem for advanced players?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess this to be heavy on the math and game theory, and not a beginner's book at all.

splashpot
04-06-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess this to be heavy on the math and game theory, and not a beginner's book at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
OP asked for a math book. He didn't mention anything about being a beginner.