PDA

View Full Version : ugh.......tell me it's gonna be better (LC)

Victor
04-05-2005, 04:37 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/cvnpoka/315532458rNqXoV_ph.jpg

Alobar
04-05-2005, 05:52 PM
varience sure is fun isnt it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

J.R.
04-05-2005, 06:05 PM
it could sure be worse

juggernaut
04-05-2005, 06:24 PM
It will.

Seriously though, I was strolling through the archives last night and I came across Schneids 60K quest. In one of the posts, Ulysses created a day-to-day chart of Schneids avg./hr -- I thought it was interesting to see how "quickly" his avg./hr converged to a steady range. This happened despite volatile swings and a 14K breakeven stretch (if I remember correctly).

I would imagine if you plotted your results in a similar manner, you'd come to the same conclusion: the dry patch is incredibly annoying but ultimately it's not affecting the big picture as much as it feels like it is.

I'll try to post the link below to the 60K thread. Hope it works, never done it before....if not, it was Day 38 & 39...

60K Day 38 & 39 (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=769294&Forum =,All_Forums,&Words=60K&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main =769294&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=4677&datera nge=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=8&oldertype=m &bodyprev=#Post769294)

WarmonkEd
04-05-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It will.

Seriously though, I was strolling through the archives last night and I came across Schneids 60K quest. In one of the posts, Ulysses created a day-to-day chart of Schneids avg./hr -- I thought it was interesting to see how "quickly" his avg./hr converged to a steady range. This happened despite volatile swings and a 14K breakeven stretch (if I remember correctly).

I would imagine if you plotted your results in a similar manner, you'd come to the same conclusion: the dry patch is incredibly annoying but ultimately it's not affecting the big picture as much as it feels like it is...

[/ QUOTE ]

It really blows my mind that people have 10K+ stretches of breaking even or even going negative.

Currently, I only play 1-2K hands/month. I can't imagine going on for half a year just breaking even. How do people who play live for a living manage?

STLantny
04-05-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It really blows my mind that people have 10K+ stretches of breaking even or even going negative.

Currently, I only play 1-2K hands/month. I can't imagine going on for half a year just breaking even. How do people who play live for a living manage?

[/ QUOTE ]

They play more in a couple weeks than you do in a year. And you will evenutally encounter the unimaginable.

Danenania
04-05-2005, 07:37 PM
It's gonna get better.

WarmonkEd
04-05-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They play more in a couple weeks than you do in a year. And you will evenutally encounter the unimaginable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well obviously.

Victor
04-05-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

it could sure be worse

[/ QUOTE ]

very true.

Victor
04-05-2005, 08:35 PM
thanks for the link.