PDA

View Full Version : How to maxamize a set??

GutPunch
04-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB

Anything I could have done different to maxamize profit here??

Argus
04-05-2005, 04:17 PM
There are a couple other lines to consider on this near drawless board. You might consider raising the flop; someone bet into the preflop raiser and you may not be able to count on him for a raise in this situation. However I think given the strength of your hand you'd be better off calling hoping to get UTG and MP1 on the turn. That would be my plan calling this flop, but one Button raises the flop I really like the 3-bet. This could be a free card play by Button, or an attempt to pick up the pot on the turn if no one improves. He might also be value betting an overpair, which you beat. Since it's more likely he has overcards than an overpair, you're wise to 3-bet the flop since you're going to bet the turn anyway. This gets bets from people trapped on the flop who aren't calling turn bets if they don't improve. I don't see any other way to play it, and if your plan was originally to call the flop and pop the turn I like that you thought on your feet and changed things up once Button raised.

PS 1/2 hands go in micro.