PDA

View Full Version : Pair, with a flush draw on flop against a Tight/Passive Player

soLit
04-05-2005, 02:55 PM
Live tournament
About the middle of the tournament
Blinds are 200-400

SB - Tight/passive, No real reads but I just sat down for one orbit and he has only played K/K so far.

SB (t3800)
BB/HERO (t4500)

Everyone Folds
SB calls 200
Hero looks at 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif and checks

FLOP : 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB checks
HERO bets 500
SB calls

TURN : 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
SB checks
Hero bets 800
SB calls

RIVER : 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
SB checks
BB checks

FINAL POT : $3400
Results :
SB shows 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, J /images/graemlins/club.gif Wins with One pair - 9s
HERO shows one pair - 4's

My read on this guy was he thought I was trying to steal, I put him on either Ace high or maybe middle pair after he called the flop.

Im not sure about my turn decision. Should I have checked and hoped to hit one of my 14 outs? Or do you beleive it was correct to fire again?

He definatly seemed to show some weakness when calling.
Does anyone agree with just Pushing on the flop? or maybe on the turn after I felt his weakness? I just wasnt sure if the turn would be a good place to push considering he seemed pretty tight untill this hand and I wasnt sure if maybe he had top pair with a low kicker.

Any suggestions/comments are welcome please.

schwza
04-05-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB - Tight/passive, No real reads but I just sat down for one orbit and he has only played K/K so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a mistake to peg someone as TP after 10 hands.

i'd check behind on the turn. villain likely has an 8, maybe a T here, maybe nothing. either way, you can call the river or check behind if you don't improve.