PDA

View Full Version : $55: Should i have bluffed all-in w/33 on lvl 3?

AA suited
04-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">MP (t4710)</font>
Button (t2006)
SB (t877)
BB (t1497)
<font color="#C00000">HERO (t910)</font>

Preflop: HERO is UTG with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">HERO raises to t150</font>, MP calls t150, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (t375) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">HERO bets t760 (All-In)</font>

no reads since i was multi-tabling.

Should I have bluffed, or just check/fold to the river if i dont catch my set? and WHY?

raptor517
04-05-2005, 03:04 PM
thats a sticky situation. i really dont like raising utg with 33 though. its just too darn hard to play oop if you get any action on it. i duno if i would risk pushing here, because if called, you are probably VERY far behind, and with only 2 outs and no backdoor diamonds, you are in deep trouble. it may or not be worth pushing here, depending on the likelihood of being called. someone could do the math on that, but i dont think i would push the flop, and im about 99% sure i would fold preflop. 3uo

jcm4ccc
04-05-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have bluffed, or just check/fold to the river if i dont catch my set? and WHY?

[/ QUOTE ] The standard line, of course, is to fold the tiny pair, or to limp with the pair and bet only if you get your set. If you decide to do something differently, you should be the one explaining WHY you raised 3Xbb from UTG with a tiny pair, and why you overbet the flop.

The Venetian
04-05-2005, 03:09 PM
I'd be curious as to what your logic was, for sure.

Your preflop raise is seemingly without purpose. No flop without a 3 will leave you comfortable. The blinds really aren't all that worth taking at this point and you're going to be left with tough decisions if anyone plays with you. Folding's fine here. Limping crossed my mind, but I doubt you could get the value from a set enough times to make it worth it. Just let it go.

The push on the flop could have been done with any two cards. The fact that you have 33 has little to do with it. He's not calling with anything you beat unless he's a total calling station/donkey and maybe thinks A-high is good or something. Further, there's no pressure on the MP with your push...his stack's not in danger.

I think you just didn't think ahead in the hand before you got involved. You had to know there was at least a chance you'd get called and have to see a flop, maybe out of position, right?

Little upside to this play, big downside.

gasgod
04-05-2005, 03:17 PM
I don't like the risk-reward ratio, so I check/fold. Why risk your whole stack to try to pick up t375 with 33 OOP?

I don't like the PF raise, either. One problem is that it might chase away customers if you hit the set.

I would have just limped, murmurring to myself "No set, no bet". But then, I tend to be too unimaginitive.

GG

raptor517
04-05-2005, 03:19 PM
i dont like limping here with 33 utg on the 25-50 level with less than 1k chips. its too much of your stack to risk. if someone makes it 150 to go, you have to call that as well. just fold the 33 and wait a few hands for a better spot. there WILL be one. holla

gasgod
04-05-2005, 03:35 PM
After reading the other comments, I completely agree. Even the despised minraise will show that limping is wrong.

GG