PDA

View Full Version : "The Bike" is it worth the trip? (low content)

kevstreet
04-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Just made plans for a trip to San Diego and LA and
wondering if a trip to "The Bike" is worth it? I know Yugo and Skipper Bob are from SoCal so hopefully you can recommend a side trip or not. Thanks and sorry for the lack of poker content.

Shanemex
04-05-2005, 02:48 PM
Have you watched any "Live at the Bike"?

Degen
04-05-2005, 02:51 PM
You have to do the whole tour.

1) Commerce: huge, sprawling poker mecca
2) The Bike: more elegant, NL players treated VERY well, free food, attractive coctail waitresses
3) Hollywood Park: i like to call this the 'Voluntary Welfare Redistribution Center'...Its located in Inglewood...i'll leave it at that
4) Hustler: Much smaller than the others, amazing decor...old gawdy 70's motif. loose action at the NL tables.

YOU MUST SEE THEM ALL!!! LA is without a doubt the world capital of B&M Poker. Great games everywhere.

Have fun!

Degen

kevstreet
04-05-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You have to do the whole tour.

YOU MUST SEE THEM ALL!!! LA is without a doubt the world capital of B&M Poker. Great games everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect Degen, thank you!

skipperbob
04-05-2005, 04:13 PM
You left out Hawaiian Gardens; worth a stop, particularly on a Friday Night...It's where every whack-out no-fold'em hold'em player plays...Good low-buyin MTT hold'em tourny on Friday nights

Degen
04-05-2005, 08:43 PM
i've only been there once...i just thought it looked too much like an emptied out gymnasium...but maybe i should go back /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Degen