PDA

View Full Version : Question - Omaha High

10-23-2002, 04:41 PM
Since there are more cards that are in the deck lower that "9", why are the starting hands below "9" such as 4567, 5678 etc, more valuable that face cards in Omaha High?

A/ Why shouldnt these hands be played more aggressively pre flop and why not call large raises with them?

B/ Since the Internet PL Omaha games seem to be generally played slowly (small pots, head up, not very live)in part I guess due to the small blinds, should they not be played more 'not to lose' rather than aggressively so as to not get buried? More 'defensively than aggressively? Seems like most of the showdowns with any size pot will show the nuts.

Appreciate any comments.

Ray Zee
10-23-2002, 08:15 PM
the high cards win the money in omaha high only if thats what you are asking. low cards stink. when you play the low cards the redraws to higher hands get you all the time.

in the online games you still need to play the situations that give you the most earn.

Greg (FossilMan)
10-23-2002, 09:49 PM
> Since the Internet PL Omaha games seem to be generally
> played slowly (small pots, head up, not very live)

Where is this idea coming from? The online games I see are multiway, fast, and have big pots (relative to the size of the blinds).

In any case, you make the play that you think gives you the highest expectation, whether it's aggressive or otherwise. If you always make the highest EV play, you're bound to win eventually.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

10-24-2002, 12:38 PM
You really should not play the hand at all.
I dont know how many times A A has won the pot.
If you dont make a straight with those cards you
wont win the pot.You really only have one out.
If you make a flush it will not be the nut flush.
JUST FOLD IT!!!!!!!