PDA

View Full Version : Flopped flush, turn action...

Entity
04-05-2005, 02:32 PM
Villain has only been sitting at the table for one orbit. Seems a tad loose during that span, but nothing remarkable.

Interpoker £2/£4.

Villain limps UTG 4-handed. Button folds, I complete the SB with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, BB checks.

Flop 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

I bet, BB calls, Villain calls.

Turn J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet, BB calls, Villain raises, Hero...

TMFS9
04-05-2005, 02:38 PM
Hero easily 3 bets.

Stupendous_Man
04-05-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero easily 3 bets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Entity
04-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Hero 3-bets, BB folds, Villain caps...

Hero calls and check-calls non-heart river?

TMFS9
04-05-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hero calls and check-calls non-heart river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you said villan was new but do you think that villan could cap the turn with either JT, or a set? If so I think basically check/calling regardless of the river probably seems best (except of course 2 or 7 of h) as if he has two pair or a set he most likely doesn't have a heart. Now if the board pairs I think you have a more difficult decision. I think that in a (~10BB pot) you'll come out ahead enough to call a river bet.

Stupendous_Man
04-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Without more of a read, this is the line I probably take. I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 pair (J's and T's) turned over.

Alobar
04-05-2005, 03:25 PM
This is an automatic 3 bet. If he caps, Im still leading the river.

TMFS9
04-05-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he caps, Im still leading the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Leading the river is spewing. There's only one hand that I can see that you beat that will cap the turn but not bet the river and that's an overplayed A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ. All other hands that you beat sets and two pairs will bet the river if you check to them and most likely only call if you bet into them. While you will get raised by the nuts or close to it you will most likely not get raised by a hand that you beat so getting raised here really sucks.