PDA

View Full Version : Easy push here right?

Unarmed
04-05-2005, 11:36 AM
$10 Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1710)
Button (t2410)
SB (t2700)
Hero (t1180)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes

jah0550
04-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Depends on the player. But I'd be pushing this about 99% of the time. This is a great opportuniy to steal.

Unparagoned
04-05-2005, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the player. But I'd be pushing this about 99% of the time. This is a great opportuniy to steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe more like 95% of the time... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Walter Pullis
04-05-2005, 11:50 AM
I'd push. In fact I had this exact situation this morning. I had K6. He called with Q9, I won and later won the tourney.

jah0550
04-05-2005, 11:51 AM
Alright technically I'd call 94.3654% of the time. LOL.

greatmage
04-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Help me out here. Is trying to steal worth it in this SnG ( I am a novice). Seems to me that the risk of busting out is too large with you almost placing the SB has him more than doubled. I would fold and wait for better cards. What is the thinking behind the push?

syphlix
04-05-2005, 12:13 PM
well i think in this situation... you've only got 5-6x bb... u can wait if you want... but blinds are gonna be back around b4 you know it and you'll just have less chips to push w/ then... heck theres a very good chance these are the best cards u have coming for the next couple hands...

also... i think that maybe it's not always about how good your cards are anyways... usually when SB completes i don't think they're looking to call an all-in... they're just hoping to see a flop for cheap...

Patriarch
04-05-2005, 12:14 PM
He limped in so he has trash most of the time, and folds. Even if he calls he might have limped with suited connectors, weak Q or J.

Scuba Chuck
04-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Unarmed, the answer to your question is VERY READ DEPENDENT. I don't think I'd answer this question without knowing more. How many times have you seen villain complete in the past? How often does he limp? Is he a tricky player?

Oh this is a $10 buyin... (I seriously don't know, but pushing looks good)

Unarmed
04-05-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unarmed, the answer to your question is VERY READ DEPENDENT. I don't think I'd answer this question without knowing more. How many times have you seen villain complete in the past? How often does he limp? Is he a tricky player?

Oh this is a $10 buyin... (I seriously don't know, but pushing looks good)

[/ QUOTE ]

He completed Q4o earlier... I didn't mention this because I don't think it matters, i.e. this is a push unless I've specifically seen him complete/push on a prior hand.

gasgod
04-05-2005, 12:35 PM
I ask myself why SB didn't raise. With t300 in the pot, chances are he would raise with any pair, any ace or king. (There's a small chance he is trapping with a monster, but you can't worry about that.)

It's very likely my hand is best right now. The t400 that's in the pot would be a very worthwhile addition to my stack, and I don't want him to draw out on me. Putting all my chips in the middle virtually forces him to fold, as he won't have pot odds to call.

GG