PDA

View Full Version : is there something special you have to do to put a tv in the bathroom?

TStoneMBD
04-05-2005, 11:21 AM
i want to take long showers/baths while watching tv. so obviously i gotta get cable wires into the bathroom, but is there something i have to do? im not sure if the condensation will ruin the screen or not. is there some sort of waterproof glass designed for this?

Paluka
04-05-2005, 11:24 AM
Isn't this going to be awful for you? I don't think taking showers long enough to watch a TV show is very good for your skin.

mason55
04-05-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i want to take long showers/baths while watching tv. so obviously i gotta get cable wires into the bathroom, but is there something i have to do? im not sure if the condensation will ruin the screen or not. is there some sort of waterproof glass designed for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just build a poorly made shelf right above the bathtub and put the tv on that. Some shitty, non water proofed wood and a few staples will work.

lucas9000
04-05-2005, 11:25 AM
just get this (http://products.jacuzzi.com/nd/wpbv2.d2w/GLANCE?LENGTH=&WIDTH=&COLLECTION=AND%20CECOLL%3D|~ |1|~|&SHAPE=&PRICE=&INSTALL=&SKIRTED=&JETS=&SEARCH REQ=1&NOITEMS=4&PG=Vizion&PAGE=)

jakethebake
04-05-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't this going to be awful for you? I don't think taking showers long enough to watch a TV show is very good for your skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for your skin? Are you a girl?

I used to turn on the radio as loud as it would go and sit in a lawn chair in a hot shower. It was awesome. I even had a mini-fridge in there with beer.

TStoneMBD
04-05-2005, 11:26 AM
i was thinking that itd be nice to watch a sitcom in the shower once in a while, and then finish washing up. thats like 40 minutes.

id like to get a stool and sit in there for a while, but it gets boring. i need something to stimulate my mind. tv is perfect.

Paluka
04-05-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Good for your skin? Are you a girl?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean "good for your skin" in the "am I gonna be pretty way". I mean in the "is my skin sorta dry, crackily and digusting" way.

TStoneMBD
04-05-2005, 11:28 AM
wow. add pizza and a blow job into that mix and that would be the most amazing shower ever.

shower/pizza/blowjob/beer/tv. excellent.

mmbt0ne
04-05-2005, 11:28 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
just get this (http://products.jacuzzi.com/nd/wpbv2.d2w/GLANCE?LENGTH=&amp;WIDTH=&amp;COLLECTION=AND%20CECOLL%3D|~ |1|~|&amp;SHAPE=&amp;PRICE=&amp;INSTALL=&amp;SKIRTED=&amp;JETS=&amp;SEARCH REQ=1&amp;NOITEMS=4&amp;PG=Vizion&amp;PAGE=)

[/ QUOTE ]

* List Price
Starting at $ 23,389

TStoneMBD
04-05-2005, 11:29 AM
um. that thing is 24,000$. im driving a 96 mitsubishi atm. once i get my first porshe ill consider the 25k tub.

jakethebake
04-05-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wow. add pizza and a blow job into that mix and that would be the most amazing shower ever.

shower/pizza/blowjob/beer/tv. excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

soggy pizza is -EV.

willie
04-05-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just build a poorly made shelf right above the bathtub and put the tv on that. Some shitty, non water proofed wood and a few staples will work.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahhaha

tek
04-05-2005, 11:45 AM
This is the best I could do:

shower tv (http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview.jhtml?pid=675915213&amp;pcatid=2&amp;catid=208 &amp;catpage=3)

mason55
04-05-2005, 11:46 AM
http://www.spaceshowertv.com/

neither showers or televisions. but pretty funny.

lucas9000
04-05-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
um. that thing is 24,000$. im driving a 96 mitsubishi atm. once i get my first porshe ill consider the 25k tub.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually there's a better one that i couldn't find a picture of. it's got a widescreen hdtv at the foot of it, with surround sound and everything. the remote even floats. it's about the same price. insane.

ZeeJustin
04-05-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I take 30-40 minute showers every day. Are you telling me that is BAD for me!?!? (this is a completely serious question).

Paluka
04-05-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I take 30-40 minute showers every day. Are you telling me that is BAD for me!?!? (this is a completely serious question).

[/ QUOTE ]

For many people, long hot showers can really dry out their skin/scalp.

jakethebake
04-05-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine are often 30 minutes. I brush my teeth and shave in there, plus I just like to relax under the hot water. No skin problems.

Transference
04-05-2005, 12:30 PM
This thread reminds of a certain Seinfeld episode, if youve seen it you know what im talking about.

I think that all the moisture would destroy a TV pretty quick but if you try it make sure you have it plugged into a GFCI outlet.

TStoneMBD
04-05-2005, 08:24 PM
that reminds me, i need to also get a gadget that turns my drain into a garbage disposer.

zagosh
04-05-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is there something special you have to do to put a tv in the bathroom?

[/ QUOTE ]

Spend an inordanant amount of time masturbating in the shower

STLantny
04-05-2005, 08:43 PM
When I rented a house out with my friends right after HS a couple years ago, we built a seat, and hot glued beer can coolies to the wall, ran a shower curtain around the old school tub (with the claw feet) using hula hoops and wire to hang, and put on the wall tv stand thingy so you could watch tv with the curtain open a little bit.

The Stranger
04-05-2005, 08:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how big is your bathroom?