PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with an easy, but common situation.

Soul Rebel
04-05-2005, 11:12 AM
This question may be incredibly obvious, so I apologize if it is. I'd rather ask a stupid/easy question than keep making mistakes in these situations. Here's one I've been running into a lot lately, that I don't think I'm playing very well. I've also been running badly enough that I've started doing some serious hand history review.

I'm in the SB or BB with a decent Ace, like ATo or A8s. Its folded to an aggressive button, who frequently steals, and follows his steal through to the point where'll he'll raise a missed flop. I can put him on a wide enough range of hands that my Ace will be best more often than not.

So let's say I'm SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, its folded to the Button.

Villain raises, Hero 3-bets, Villain calls. -Against a LAG who will steal with almost any 2, I'll try to isolate him with a 3-bet.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero bets, villain raises, Hero ???

What line do you guys use here most of the time? Is this the time for the check-call, check-call, bet line? Lately I've been 3-betting this flop, but I'm giving up bets with this when villain folds the flop or folds the turn.

How does the line change when the holding is weaker? Like with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

Thanks for the help fellas.

Huhmare
04-05-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Villain raises, Hero 3-bets, Villain calls. -Against a LAG who will steal with almost any 2, I'll try to isolate him with a 3-bet.

Hero bets, villain raises, Hero ???

What line do you guys use here most of the time? Is this

How does the line change when the holding is weaker? Like with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero 3-bets if the villain raises with any two. Hero leads the turn and calls a raise. Eventually hero calls the river.

with A5 hero propably just calls to the river.

Soul Rebel
04-05-2005, 12:02 PM
cool, thanks. My 3-bets have resulted in so many folds lately that I was starting to question that play. Guess I shouldn't have.

TMFS9
04-05-2005, 12:06 PM
With your AT senario, the villan you describe if they raise the flop with any 2, they will often bet the turn. So I would generally call the flop and checkraise the turn. If there was any sort of draw I would be more inclined to 3 bet and lead the turn. A5 would be player specific between check calling the turn and leading the river and checkraising the turn and leading the river.

Stupendous_Man
04-05-2005, 12:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With your AT senario, the villan you describe if they raise the flop with any 2, they will often bet the turn. So I would generally call the flop and checkraise the turn. If there was any sort of draw I would be more inclined to 3 bet and lead the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line as well. Use the aggression to your advantage and get the extra bets. If there's a draw, I 3-bet.