PDA

View Full Version : 5 Card Stud questions

StoneAge
10-23-2002, 01:09 PM
It seems that playing 5cs is pretty straight forward, but I do have some questions.

Should you always raise (occasionally slowplay) with the following: Ace upcard (seems to me like this could be questionable unless your downcard is higher than others upcards - and how big of a disadvantage is having to lead the whole hand?); Ace in the hole (you probably have the best hand and might not have to lead the betting); any pair?

If you have to bring in do you ever bring-in for more than the minimum (I tend to bring in for the min. then reraise if I think I have the best hand, or slowplay if my pair is bigger than other's upcards)?

How much of a factor is the ante?

Is there anything I should be thinking about for the rest of the hand besides the obvious (like calling for pot and/or implied) odds if I think I need to catch up?

Are there any books or websites with 5CS advice?

I have played a few times on Poker.com and some people will call you then fold or check it down on the river without ever being able to beat your board. It seems to me that this game could be very profitable with low fluctuations.