PDA

View Full Version : KK Hand

Unarmed
04-05-2005, 08:59 AM
$10 Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1590)
Hero (t1375)
Button (t605)
SB (t3915)
BB (t515)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, Button calls t90, SB calls t75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t300) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t350</font>

Results in white:
<font color="white">SB had AA, but whatever. Is a push the right move or should I smooth call to try and milk AJ/QQ? Wasn't real worried about the draw with the PF action and size of his bet, but it was another reason I pushed </font>

kyro
04-05-2005, 09:25 AM
i push because i figure he's either on a draw or has a lone jack.

valenzuela
04-05-2005, 09:40 AM
I push.

Cleveland Guy
04-05-2005, 09:41 AM
this is level 2 and you already down 5 players. looks like SB has already had a couple big hands - so how has he played them?

It's still early, and this is the only guy who can take you out here.

Is he playing his stack knowing that? If so, he probably has AT, AJ and it's a push.

Has he been playing loose and getting lucky? If so, JT and J8, and Q9 are very possible. I would think about folding.

I would push here most times, but given a read on the SB I might fold.

Unarmed
04-05-2005, 09:52 AM
SB appears decent, but not great. He built his stack on a couple big pockets early on against assorted garbage. Hasn't really done anything funky post flop, hasn't played a ton of hands.

Then again, my sample is pretty small here, but thats the impression I had, which bothered me because his line is the exact one (minus 100 chips) I would take with a set.

Cleveland Guy
04-05-2005, 09:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
SB appears decent, but not great. He built his stack on a couple big pockets early on against assorted garbage. Hasn't really done anything funky post flop, hasn't played a ton of hands.

Then again, my sample is pretty small here, but thats the impression I had, which bothered me because his line is the exact one (minus 100 chips) I would take with a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that very sketchy read - I push this 105 times out of 100.

his thinking probably - sweet - I called another raise, and hit top pair again. MAN am I getting good cards tonight - I'll bet, they'll think I'm bluffing cause I can't hit everything.

It will show them when they call down with AK.

Sucks that he had AA this time, but more time than not it's KJ, AJ, or AT