PDA

View Full Version : IN THE TANK - Q high flush on double-paired board

badonkadonk
04-05-2005, 05:59 AM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (9 handed) Avg. chipstack at this point is ~T3,000 converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

Button (t3180)
SB (t2450)
BB (t4830)
UTG (t3490)
Hero (t3515)
MP1 (t6340)
MP2 (t2170)
MP3 (t3865)
CO (t2845)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t100, MP1 calls t100, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t400) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t250</font>, MP1 folds, SB calls t250, BB folds.

Turn: (t900) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t800</font>, Hero calls t800.

River: (t2500) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t1300 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t3800

i went in the tank for my max time on this river. can i make this fold?
in hindsight i should have pushed all-in on the turn. he's not going to fold a Jack either way and if a 4th spade comes either it will dry up my action or he'll make the K-high flush. i think not pushing the turn was horrible. do you agree?

can i fold the river?

deepsquat
04-05-2005, 06:07 AM
yes i would have pushed the turn

schwah
04-05-2005, 06:53 AM
i don't like the preflop limp

push the turn

badonkadonk
04-05-2005, 07:03 AM
i will add that the table had been particularly passive and very few pf raises which is why i felt i could limp here. also i won quite a few pots from firing out on the flop because they were weak-tight. for this reason i didn't mind limping in with 1/35th of my stack.

04-05-2005, 07:59 AM
SB called on the flop with his lone J because he KNEW that a J is coming on the turn. He bet on the turn because he KNEW that if you made a flush you may push which he would have called because he KNEW that he'll fill up on the river.

SB is a hacker. FOLD. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

badonkadonk
04-05-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB called on the flop with his lone J because he KNEW that a J is coming on the turn. He bet on the turn because he KNEW that if you made a flush you may push which he would have called because he KNEW that he'll fill up on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know how serious you are being but here's how i replayed it to myself on the river.

he check-called the flop. this could be done with a jack, especially if he thinks i'm using my position to try to represent an ace. the turn comes another jack but also brings a 3-flush. he bets pretty hard. no he's either bluffing with the scare card or he made trip jacks and is scared of the 3-flush. i figure i'm way ahead here even if he has trip jacks and i hope he continues to bet on the river. he could potentially have 8 outs - 3 other aces, 3 other 3's, and the 2 jacks. in hindsight any spade could have given him the k-high flush so there's some more.

i really should have pushed the turn but i got greedy. i think he would have called the turn push anyways though so i don't know why i didn't do it in the first place. maybe it allowed me to get away from the hand when the river came bad. hmmm.

04-05-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know how serious you are being but here's how i replayed it to myself on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

How serious were you in your reply to the "Burn Cards" poster?

BTW, I'm still folding.

badonkadonk
04-05-2005, 05:43 PM
hahaha, that was a complete joke. i didn't even think about that when i read your reply. when you wrote 'hacker' i thought you meant a 'hack' or something that i often call bad players. not actually a computer hacker. ha

Roman
04-05-2005, 05:55 PM
didnt read responses, but fold PF. Bet 300-400 on flop.

Roman
04-05-2005, 05:57 PM
turn easy push, river easy call.