PDA

View Full Version : 20+2 what to do here?

johnny005
04-05-2005, 02:43 AM
I think I might fold this here... I hate playing this hand out of position and I would rather steal from late position with less of a hand what do you guys think?
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t705)
Hero (t690)
MP1 (t1105)
MP2 (t960)
CO (t3110)
Button (t415)
SB (t1015)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
&gt;&gt;Hero calls t50, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t125</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">&gt;&gt;Hero raises to t640 (All-In)</font>, MP1 calls t565.

Flop: (t1405) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1405) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1405) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1405

Slim Pickens
04-05-2005, 03:03 AM
two and half words: stop 'n' go.

johnny005
04-05-2005, 03:06 AM
what do you mean by stop and go?
??

Dudd
04-05-2005, 03:20 AM
The stop n go is a very powerful play that really can be done with any two cards, although usually with a small/medium pocket pair. What you do is rather than push preflop, you call with your TT. Since you are out of position, you'll act first on any flop. Regardless of what flops (unless you hit a set), push the rest of your chips into the middle. It doesn't matter what the flop is, just push. If it's low cards and he has high cards, now he has to call a large raise with only two cards to go, and you might pick up the pot and dodge having to sneak past the last two cards. Also, if you have a hand such as 55 and he has TT and the flop is AQ7, you might induce him to laydown the best hand which would clearly have called an allin preflop.

Slim Pickens
04-05-2005, 03:21 AM
One way you can take advatage of what is normally disadvantageous position is to call the preflop raise and push the flop, hoping your opponent missed and will fold. You have to put your opponent on a range of hands. The real question is "Would he raise with a lower pocket pair?" If he wouldn't, he's either playing two big cards or a bigger pair. Against the bigger pair, you're going broke no matter what. Against the two big cards, you've got a pretty good chance of taking it down on the flop if your opponent is in the position to call for all your chips with just overcards. The jack isn't all that scary, not like an ace or king, so there's no reason to abort the plan on the flop.

This is what I would do, but I just got my bankroll busted back down to the 11's. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Slim

TheCat
04-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Seven way TT is just a bit too much of a hand to limp with even UTG. I would have made it 200 to go; you want to knock out QJo, ASmall and the like. If MP1 then pushes I probably fold depending on my read on him.
I don't like this secenario either, it's all rather borderline but you have to make the best of each decent hand that comes along.
In a ring game with deep money I'd limp hoping to hit a set and double up.

johnny005
04-05-2005, 04:09 PM
I deffinetly dont like the situation here, But would anyone think of folding these here? I also like the raise and maybe a fold to a reraise depending on the player.

jcm4ccc
04-05-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] It's not a perfect situation for a stop and go, because you do have quite a bit of folding equity if you go over the top of the preflop raiser. Also, calling the preflop raise does not put you in a desperate situation. You can let this one go on the flop and still be in the running.

But I would do as you suggested. Call the preflop raise. Push the flop. But if the flop was scary, I would let it go.

johnny005
04-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Turned out the raiser had Q-Q here, Hero wins but got very lucky

soLit
04-05-2005, 04:43 PM
Either stop n go, or fold on the flop to his raise. You only hve 50 in the pot. Your probablly up against a/k or something similar, maybe a high pp.

I would probablly just fold, and try to make some moves later on the blinds are killing you yet.

soLit
04-05-2005, 04:45 PM
I would never raise UTG with 10/10. Maybe because im a cash game player. But I find raising UTG with 10/10 or even J/J for this matter is a shortstack move only. And you dont seem to be that low yet.

Slim Pickens
04-05-2005, 04:58 PM
I agree it's not a straight-out stop and go, since I think you should consider check-folding an AKx flop, but 95% of the time it plays as a preflop call and flop push. I don't bail on an Axx or Kxx flop, only AKx.

Slim

John Hurst
04-05-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seven way TT is just a bit too much of a hand to limp with even UTG. I would have made it 200 to go; you want to knock out QJo, ASmall and the like. If MP1 then pushes I probably fold depending on my read on him.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this approach. Show strength by raising UTG and then react according to reads on opponents. This a small edge situation that you have to take advantage of too maximize your ROI.

Freudian
04-05-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is level 3 with hero having 14xBB the ideal place to use stop'n'go?

Slim Pickens
04-05-2005, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't go into the hand thinking the stop and go was the best play, but the raise changes everything. TT is a hand that can play both heads-up and in lmulti-way pots, it just plays differently. On the flop, Hero has about 2xpot, and I think that's about the right amount.

TheCat
04-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Nine or ten handed it would be a short stack only move but when you down to seven and blinds have become significant the TT is a borderline raise and JJ is a definate, AJs , AQo also rasing hands. You just have to make the most of every oppertunity in a fast paced tournement like SnG. The rapid rate at which the levels go up means you can never relax. Limping and hoping to hit a set is too passive for this format.