PDA

View Full Version : mistaken bet

djr
04-04-2005, 11:56 PM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.5/$1), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $0.25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___brings-in
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

4th Street

Seat 1: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___calls
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 8: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds

5th Street

Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

6th Street

Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

River

Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks
Hero: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks

I think the raise on 4th street was pretty dumb, but what are your thoughts. My thinking was getting seat 8 to fold would improve my equity, especially if seat 4 didn't actually have 4 to a low. I think I acted in haste

On 6th I figured I had 6 live outs for a straight and since it got checked around I might be able to get stronger hands (pairs) to fold (as well as I might be the only low if seat 4 didn't bet), was this a misplaced bet?

greenage
04-05-2005, 12:25 AM
I’d probably fold 3rd but maybe that’s too tight in this game.

On 4th, Seats 4 and 6 look too good too continue. Seat 4 bets and Seat 6 calls, ugg. You did get Seat 8 out but I think he may have been the least of your worries. Lots of your cards are dead.

Your are lucky that all the lows caught bad on 5th.

On 6th, who know what’s going on w/Seat 4 but Seat 6 caught bad again.

Did you win your side?

TheShootah
04-05-2005, 12:28 AM
I would fold 3rd also. Your low draw isn't all that hat and besides the lone ace, you high sucks too. But maybe limping on 3rd with this man people in is ok too.

Andy B
04-05-2005, 02:30 AM
The call on third is a little dubious, but you do have an Ace and a two-flush, and the ante is stupidly high. If the game isn't too aggressive, I think this is an OK call, assuming you play the later streets reasonably well.

The raise on fourth street is out-of-line. You want to avoid second-best hands, and you certainly don't want to raise with second-best hands. You have no reason to think that you have the best low draw. If you want to call, that's probably OK, but raising is just silly. If you're calling fourth, you're calling fifth, too.

On sixth, I think the bet is good so long as seat 4 isn't a threat to check-raise. His board is very strong, and your hand is pretty weak. I make this bet hoping for a free showdown if I don't make a straight.

djr
04-05-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you win your side?

[/ QUOTE ]

yep I won the low. Shows even dubious play gets rewarded /images/graemlins/grin.gif