PDA

View Full Version : interesting PLHE 5-5 hand

ohkanada
10-23-2002, 09:36 AM
After busting out of the NL tourney I decided to try my hand at some 5-5 PLHE. I was not involved in this hand but it is not clear to me that anyone played it right. 6 players see the flop for $5.

3 key players involved are Aggressive Tourney (AT) guy with $365 in the SB. New Guy (NG) in mid-position with about $480. Stuck Guy (SG) with about 1.5k in the cut-off.

Flop is 6c5c2d.

Checked to SG who bets $30. AT check-raises and makes it $120. NG calls the $120. SG re-raises and makes it $300. AT re-raises all-in and makes it $360. NG/SG calls.

Now I am thinking with this action we have a set, flush draw and made straight.

Turn (Th) and river (Ks) are checked down.

AT flips over 65o for a flopped 2 pair. NG flips over QcTc for flush draw and 1 pair on the turn. SG flips over Ac3c for flush draw and gut-shot. AT wins a 1k pot.

Comments please,

Ken Poklitar

10-23-2002, 10:05 AM
NG is loooooooose. I would never call that kind of action after the flop with a flush draw that is not the nut flush draw. Hard to say much else without being there and having a feel for that particular game except that it sounds like a fun game.

Phat Mack
10-23-2002, 01:31 PM
I think AT makes a good read here and gets his made hand all in against two draws. It's nice that they have each other cut off. With a bigger stack against two opponents, AT's position is a little dicier, but here it seems pretty straight forward.

ohkanada
10-23-2002, 02:01 PM
I agree that AT's play was most likely correct based on his stack. With a big stack and that action it would be a different story.

Ken Poklitar