PDA

View Full Version : KK on the Bubble

tsevier
04-04-2005, 11:35 PM
Your help on this one is greatly appreciated.

Party Poker $10+1 No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t487)
MP (t2485)
Button (t2025)
SB (t1675)
Hero (t1328)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG is all in, MP calls t487, Hero?

I know I'm not folding here. My thinking here is whether it is better to:

1) Push (my read is that MP will call my push)
2) Call and push/call any non-ace flop
3) Call and push/call any flop

Thanks in advance for your wisdom. Sorry if this is a silly newbie question.

SNOWBALL138
04-05-2005, 04:23 AM
U gotta get his chips preflop b/c he won't try and bluff the pot post-flop. The reason? B/C UTG is ALL-in, he can't win the pot with a bluff.

If you think he will call, why wouldn't you push? If you don't think he'll call a push, raise to whatever amount you think he will call.

Kristian
04-05-2005, 04:53 AM
I respectfully disagree with not pushing for any reason. There is already enough money in the pot to make you stack leader, so your first priority should be to minimize your risk of going up against an ace. All the better if he folds.

Slim Pickens
04-05-2005, 05:05 AM
Phase 1: Push
Phase 2:
Phase 3: Profit

spentrent
04-05-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Phase 1: Push
Phase 2:
Phase 3: PROFIT, BITCH!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

tsevier
04-05-2005, 08:31 AM
My thinking here is that the MP (big stack) had Ax. I know that over time pushing with the best hand here is the most profitable play from the chip stand point. However, by pushing I am giving MP 5 cards to hit his ace. Since I was first to act after the flop, could it be a better play from the survival standpoint to call the original bet and push any non-ace flop (or any flop)? In this case I am hoping to only give him 3 cards to hit his ace. Perhaps my thinking is wrong but I welcome any feedback.

syphlix
04-05-2005, 10:41 AM
i think you need to push.. you've got a huge edge here unless someone has AA... and that's doubtful... i think what's more likely is that both of them have A-something... so mebbe they mite even only have 2 outs... i push this every time...