PDA

View Full Version : $33 Level 7 hand

Scuba Chuck
04-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1450)
Button (t2540)
SB (t2630)
Hero (t1380)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t1450 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero ....

<font color="blue"> Is it time to gamble? </font>

curtains
04-05-2005, 03:36 AM
Too much of your stack is in preflop, and no one else is in danger of busting. Meanwhile your opponent is the shortest stacked player and will have a huge edge on you if you fold. Also you could have the best hand, and will almost never be dominated.

I would call.

Apathy
04-05-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Too much of your stack is in preflop, and no one else is in danger of busting. Meanwhile your opponent is the shortest stacked player and will have a huge edge on you if you fold. Also you could have the best hand, and will almost never be dominated.

I would call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleveland Guy
04-05-2005, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

curtains
04-05-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I would call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

J-Lo
04-05-2005, 03:06 PM
wow, i play a mix of the $22's and $33's... And i've never made a call like this. I'd rather fold and push any two into BB, however if one of the bigger stack steals, which they should, then my plan in foiled.
1.)What range of hands do u put oponent on-- what range of hands do u call with?
2.) What about A7, 22, or KTs in BB?
3.) I understand this is a call because of the chipstacks-- if both of u had 400 less chips, this would make it an ever eaiser call, right?
4.) What if both of you had 400 MORE chips?
5.) How about if one of the larger stacks pushes into you after small stack folds? These are alota questions... but please answer them the best you can...

This is a really baffling play, I guess i've been too tight in my BB. I'd think have 1000 chips gives me a reasonable chance to double up w/ any A in the next 4 hands.

jcm4ccc
04-05-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a really baffling play, I guess i've been too tight in my BB. I'd think have 1000 chips gives me a reasonable chance to double up w/ any A in the next 4 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think you would have a better chance of doubling up with A2 than with AK? You have a better chance of stealing the blinds. You have less of a chance of doubling up.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread the hand. Just ignore me.

The Venetian
04-05-2005, 03:30 PM
My quick back-of-the-napkin math says:

Fold: 15.03% of prize pool
Call/Win: 34.22% of prize pool

So, you only need 43.9% equity against his likely range of hands to be ahead. KQ runs about 46% against any pair, any A, any two broadway, so I think a call's in order. Given the situation, it's possible his range could be even wider.

Feel free to check the math, but I think that's correct.