PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* Monday night Party WSOP Satellite Thread

Edge34
04-04-2005, 11:32 PM
I got into this thing by playing the $9 sub-qualifier, won that, then won the $36 qualifier I got into from that. 45 minutes to go and I'm definitely starting to feel the butterflies - not nervous, just anxious, because I know what's on the line.

Anybody else in???

Add-on: Anybody got any tips for this one? Its the biggest tourney I've ever played, and again, the prize is huge. I know my game is good enough, I just wanted to hear tips from past experiences. Looks like we might get 8-10 seats tonight.

Edge34
04-05-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm in at table 27!

I'll post updates at the breaks, feel free to sweat me...

billyjex
04-05-2005, 12:23 AM
Get lucky!

And when the blinds get big, try to find the stacks that are scared to play because of what's at stake. EP and MP raises will get more respect than button or CO steals -- I would often get played back at from LP. That said, if you have a real hand in LP you can probably get some action.

Just play your game.. take a few seconds to think about every situation.

Edge34
04-05-2005, 01:26 AM
Currently at T1190, been RIDICULOUSLY cold-decked, and only 2 interesting hands came up, both involving AQ.

First one, very early in the tourney...

The converter's being stupid...

I pick up AQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in MP and open-raise 3x BB. Button and EP limper call. Flop comes A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. EP checks, I bet 100, Button raises me all-in for 1500 or so (more than I have).

Somehow I convinced myself a fold was in order. This was the last hand I played for a long, long time. I picked up KK once, but only stole the blinds with my 4xBB raise.

After letting the blinds and missed flops grind me down to just over 500 of the original starting 1000, I picked up AQo in LP, ended up going all-in vs. 99 and a little more than doubling up to my current spot. Its hard to win much when you're not getting cards, but I feel pretty good about my game thus far.

Wish me luck!

Add-on before I post, i pick up AK and double through again. 2380 stack now. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Edge34
04-05-2005, 02:22 AM
I'm just not well-known enough around here to get ANYBODY to read this am I? Oh well...

Nothing to report...second set went ridiculously slowly. Colddecked still, and I don't know if I'm on top of my game. I'm focusing, but its impossible to play Q4o and J3 suited every friggin' hand.

Current stack: 1580, getting to push-and-pray status. I've won both of my all-in confrontations thus far, here's hoping I win some more. 134 players left, 11 seats, 3 cash spots...

ZBTHorton
04-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Don't talk about being scared in the chat box. =)

MEbenhoe
04-05-2005, 02:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, he was talking to me on AIM and accidentally typed his hand in the chat box. NOOB

ThrillFactor
04-05-2005, 02:38 AM
me = Ucked

don't like talking about that kinda stuff in the chat

Edge34
04-05-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
me = Ucked

don't like talking about that kinda stuff in the chat

[/ QUOTE ]

fair 'nuff...thanks for coming out, i'm at like 4500 now, halfway through 3rd session

Edge34
04-05-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, he was talking to me on AIM and accidentally typed his hand in the chat box. NOOB

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned.

biggest tourney i've ever played in, cut me a little slack /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ZBTHorton
04-05-2005, 03:03 AM
I'm totally rooting for you, to qualify for the WSOP for 9$ would be the shiznit.

MEbenhoe
04-05-2005, 03:20 AM
<*(((><

/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sorry it didnt turn out better for ya.

Equal
04-05-2005, 03:23 AM
I'm in the tourney... chip leader right now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dont let me fcuk it up guys.

Edge34
04-05-2005, 03:24 AM
Thanks Ebes... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+1 (t12404)
MP1 (t8600)
MP2 (t15826)
Edge34 (t3905)
CO (t6155)
Button (t4320)
SB (t10340)
BB (t15591)
UTG (t7555)

Preflop: Edge34 is MP3 with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls t3505.

Flop: (t4105) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t4105) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t4105) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t4105

The converter is all screwy, but as people saw, BB had QQ on that hand and turned his set...out in 59th. Painful...many many thanks to those who sweated me! Don't worry, I'm going to find a way to get to Vegas.

Edge34
04-05-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe at least you'll get a seat tonight...

Equal
04-05-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, maybe at least you'll get a seat tonight...

[/ QUOTE ]

TY. I'm 27k at the break. 53 left, 11 seats.

Edge34
04-05-2005, 03:38 AM
I really wanna know, did I totally [censored] up with my push?

I'm not going to overrate my NLHE tourney game, its decent at best. I figured with 3900, blinds going up before long...If i double up I can have some breathing room, and if I steal the blinds...well, that's some good addition too...

Please, help me out with that one...

ZBTHorton
04-05-2005, 03:41 AM
I would have just raised to 1200 personally.

But that's just me.

You were at 10BB...and some people consider that push or fold territory...but I think you still had battles left to fight with 2700.

Edge34
04-05-2005, 03:44 AM
That's a really good idea. I just had the Sklansky line about "Don't raise if a reraise would make you throw up" and kinda thought "I'd hate to raise and have to fold if a big stack decides to bully me".

That was just my logic. I can only go into so many battles before I get caught, and raising then folding, I felt, would cause me to do it a lot more than I'd have liked.

Basically, I figured going all-in, if I won, would give me the best opportunity to go farther. I think my perceived tightness (which was due to awful cards) helped me win some of my all-ins uncontested.

ZBTHorton
04-05-2005, 03:45 AM
You could have done a stop and go.

Heck, the flop was ace high. He might have laid it down.

Edge34
04-05-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would've been my only hope actually. Plus, I still have the same outs I guess...these are things I will definitely remember for when I play the tourney that will get me my seat. And I will. Mark my words. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

ThrillFactor
04-05-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem with that line is how many flops are really going to look good to you when BB flat-calls. Plus, if he puts you all-in you'll be getting a little over 2 to 1 on your call against what is likely overcards. Can you fold there?

billyjex
04-05-2005, 04:01 AM
Edge I play that hand the same way. I'm not raising there and finding a fold anywhere.

bugstud
04-05-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem with that line is how many flops are really going to look good to you when BB flat-calls. Plus, if he puts you all-in you'll be getting a little over 2 to 1 on your call against what is likely overcards. Can you fold there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate raising like this in a sat. I've gotten so burned on it before...sucks hard.

Edge34
04-05-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 7AK flop looks pretty good to me... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You just put my exact reasoning into it. The only thing I COULD do if I raised to 12 and he flat-called would be move all-in no matter what the flop brings and hope he mucks.

ThrillFactor
04-05-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would've been my only hope actually. Plus, I still have the same outs I guess...these are things I will definitely remember for when I play the tourney that will get me my seat. And I will. Mark my words. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think he wouldn't have put you all-in preflop

end result = the same

Tough luck, that's all. You were short and getting desperate and picked up a good hand in LP. Someone else had a better one.

Edge34
04-05-2005, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Edge I play that hand the same way. I'm not raising there and finding a fold anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Things like this make me ever more confident that this place has helped my game out, and not just a little either.

Thanks to every one of you guys - seriously. I post a lot in OOT, but I'll be trying to get more "actual" content in here. This thing just lit a fire under my ass, I could almost taste Vegas, I'm not gonna miss out on it now. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Equal
04-05-2005, 04:23 AM
Hey boys, I'm seeing your support in the chat box, I'm just trying to concentrate in the tourney so I prob wont reply.

Edge34
04-05-2005, 04:25 AM
If I was this far I wouldn't be able to focus on chat either...still with ya, keep it up!

Hope to see you in Vegas this July (knock on wood)

Edge34
04-05-2005, 05:01 AM
Dude, helluva tourney. 3-to-1 is the only way to get the money in. At least you were on the right side of the draw when they went in. Keep trying - we'll both make it. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

billyjex
04-05-2005, 05:01 AM
brutal finish.

that guy was pretty bad who called you.

poker sucks.

Equal
04-05-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, helluva tourney. 3-to-1 is the only way to get the money in. At least you were on the right side of the draw when they went in. Keep trying - we'll both make it. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks bro. I got what I wanted: to get all-in against the weakest guy at the table, and in a dominating position pre-flop. If I double up there, I can probably cruise into a spot off a couple steals. Oh well, [censored] happens.