PDA

View Full Version : Worst Site Ever

TryingHard
04-04-2005, 10:13 PM
I've just been playing Limit Hold'em $3-$6 I hit runner runner flush with A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif flop was 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif I've got two over cards and a back door straight and flush draw...after I took down the pot with my suck out flush the player holding A3 for trips went nuts and sent me this site www.outplayed.co.uk (http://www.outplayed.co.uk) its a stupid pointless site..and I still dont feel I was outplayed /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Moozh
04-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Why do you care what other people think?

TryingHard
04-04-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just feel sites like that are not good for the game

Brash620
04-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Is this site a joke? Honestly it is the worst advise I have ever read but it seems to be written by some sixteen year old who's studied the World Poker Tour too much and thinks that's the way he should play.

PokerBob
04-04-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just feel sites like that are not good for the game

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel just the opposite. Anyone who adheres to advice at this site can play at any table with me at any time. And every 10th hand he can have 3 hole cards.

hate
04-04-2005, 10:34 PM
This is exactly the advice I give out in tabletalk, what a gem. As I delve further into this awesome mountain of information, I'm astounded. Tabletalk items I hadn't even dreamed about are there for the grasping. 93o flopping 999, there's your [censored] pot odds you cockgobblers.

Harv72b
04-04-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I feel just the opposite. Anyone who adheres to advice at this site can play at any table with me at any time. And every 10th hand he can have 3 hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "thank you" thread was nice & all, but this is proof that you're really back. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TryingHard
04-04-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is exactly the advice I give out in tabletalk, what a gem.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not advice its a joke, surely they don't think this is winning poker?

mtdoak
04-04-2005, 10:37 PM
C'mon, its obviously a joke site. If not, is there anyway to get a hold of this persons party poker name?

Harv72b
04-04-2005, 10:44 PM
Actually, it's pretty f***ing hilarious. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Trainwreck
04-04-2005, 10:44 PM
LOL! That site is a spoof.

Goto F***ing Basics, #4 pretty much gave it away. LOL!

4) Don't play poker unless your tired, why waste your energy when your fully awake on a game of PURE LUCK, I find I play best after no sleep or drunk as hell..

Jeff W
04-04-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this site a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

TryingHard
04-04-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this site a joke?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really cannot understand how some of you think this is not a Joke..the advice is awful

TryingHard
04-04-2005, 10:56 PM
Quote from the site

(When I get AA...I laugh my F***ING head off tare them in half and throw them under the table so I never get dealt this filth again) written by A.WINNER

Obviously a Joke...

hate
04-04-2005, 11:01 PM
Why would I give out good advice in tabletalk. I've been a proponent of folding high pocket pairs for months now. I can't confirm it of course, but I'm pretty sure I got a guy to fold QQ.

Ass Master
04-04-2005, 11:15 PM
I highly doubt the author of the site actually believes the stuff he put up there. Looks like a deliberate attempt to spread misinformation and make the games better.

tytygoodnuts
04-04-2005, 11:39 PM
I would like to meet the freakin' idiot who made this website so I could rip out his eyeballs so he never plays poker again. What the hell is he trying to do? I guess he wants people to play better against him, god what a dumbass.

Jeff W
04-04-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I really cannot understand how some of you think this is not a Joke..the advice is awful

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely no way the site is a joke and I can't understand how you would think that the advice is awful. No offense, but maybe it is too advanced for you.

tytygoodnuts
04-04-2005, 11:53 PM
Guys, quit all the stupid pretending. Anyone who reads the website is not going to be fooled into folded AA and KK.

hate
04-04-2005, 11:58 PM
You sir, are the reason why I haven't succeeded yet. If I had a dude one on one, I'm sure I could get him to fold KK since it gets cracked every single time. I suggest you shape up, as your antequated high card methodologies are outdated and unnecessary.

tytygoodnuts
04-05-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to meet the freakin' idiot who made this website so I could rip out his eyeballs so he never plays poker again. What the hell is he trying to do? I guess he wants people to play better against him, god what a dumbass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how is looks like I am being sarcastic here. I'm not. No one will fall for this guy's strategy. What will happen though is losing players will decide not to play poker anymore because some people are such assholes. Or they may decide to play a lot tighter. This is bad for the sharks. That's why I am so pissed at the guy who made this site.

tytygoodnuts
04-05-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You sir, are the reason why I haven't succeeded yet. If I had a dude one on one, I'm sure I could get him to fold KK since it gets cracked every single time. I suggest you shape up, as your antequated high card methodologies are outdated and unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha, WHATEVA

TryingHard
04-06-2005, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely no way the site is a joke and I can't understand how you would think that the advice is awful. No offense, but maybe it is too advanced for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcasitic?

DeeJ
04-06-2005, 09:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sarcasitic?

[/ QUOTE ]
mayblene?

DeeJ
04-06-2005, 09:34 AM
This stuff is gold. "Chuck em in the Muck - then they lose, right!"

Heres My Fav Live Game Tips:

Get drunk it goes quicker

Chuck n Muck rule...If someones hand goes in the muck they lose right...so if some PUNK is winning CHUNK HIS HAND IN THE MUCK this way you win..

Splash the pot with less chips than the call, this saves money when you lose the hand, allthough with the Chuck n Muck rule you should never lose..

Pick fights with people, they are not going to call if you threaten to curb them outside..

Never Show your cards...if the best hand is a flush, just say you have the flush, most people dont even check they just cry..

CourtesyFlush
04-06-2005, 09:58 AM
sarcasitic?

It definitely sounds like he's come down with a case of sarcastitis.

CourtesyFlush
04-06-2005, 10:01 AM
TryingHard, give your head a shake man! First of all, why are you listening to some pissed off fish online? Second of all, why are you angry at this website that anyone can see is a joke? If anything you should refer other people to this site and hope that they listen to the advice. I know I will /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SeaEagle
04-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Dude, you need to get your humor meter fixed. This site is pure lampoon, and if the guy had just a smidgen of grammar understanding, it'd be a great site. As it is, it's not bad. My favorite:
"If you cant spot the idiot at the table in the first 5 minutes then start making fun of someone, make someone feel like the idiot"

That one's good online or off!

TryingHard
04-06-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm sick of talking about this site, it sucks end of topic...

Megenoita
04-06-2005, 10:50 AM
I know I'm going to get grief for this, but I would like to ask for people (whether you disagree or not) to consider and discuss the possible benefits from what I'm advocating:

I think we should promote the advancement of the knowledge of the game to a certain extent (off table, such as 2+2), and never purposefully mislead (it's deceiving people to take advantage of their weakness). I think I am at this point not completely consistent in this regard because when someone sucks out on me, I do say, "NH" to implicitly encourage them that it was a good play--maybe I should stop that, but I think saying "NH" when you lose is good, anyway (helps me not lose my temper and is courteous). My point is that if all I ever am is a guy who takes money from fish, I consider myself a coward. I wouldn't be playing poker if I didn't think I could eventually take money from thinking TAGs. The reason I can sit down with fish and clean up now with a pure conscience is because until I am a winning middle limit player, I don't know (for myself) if I am a fish (compared to REAL players)--I don't really think of myself as much better than guys who chase with bad odds. Maybe that will change over time.

One of the better 2.2ers who 8 tables 15/30 and is a proven winner told me that at his level, often the table is full of TAGs, but ones that don't play especially well post flop, and others that play great post flop but have weakness PF. I want to beat THOSE guys, you know? I want to beat winning players, not fish that any 1/2 player can beat. What does that prove?

In the diamond business, I think withholding information is necessary. I can't sell to another dealer if I expose to him my source--then he can cut me out and buy cheaper himself directly from my dealer. But at the same time, I think it's dishonest and unethical to point that dealer in the direction of more expensive sources just so that I can profit more off of him. It's bad for business in the long run, and it's deceiving.

I think that to the extent that poker is a business for many here, I understand not telling all the fish to go to 2+2 /images/graemlins/smile.gif. But at the same time, I think it's much more honorable to abstain from misleading people. Feels too much like a scam. And in promoting better play overall, we ourselves will become much better.

I'm just voicing some thoughts--don't slam me into the ground too much for this, but I would like to hear people's thoughts. And sorry if this is getting off on a tangent.

M

purnell
04-06-2005, 11:33 AM
"I think it's much more honorable to abstain from misleading people."

Huh? Deception, if not it's essence, is at least a very important part of the game of poker

Megenoita
04-06-2005, 11:37 AM
Right; deception is part of the game, and if you're in a hand and a guy asks you if you want him to call you, I understand deception. But all the table discussion where fish are talking about strategy, they're assuming out-of-game discussion. For you to be still "in the game" belies their assumption. And I think it's better to avoid that.

M

TryingHard
04-06-2005, 12:11 PM
lol I like there response to my email

Email's from our Guests

Comment:
Take this stupid site down. (No I didn't get sent it, I read about it on RGP.)... First it's bad sportsmanship. Second, I don't want bad players wising up to things like pot odds, position, etc. This site is a bad idea and only hurts good players.

Reply From the Friendly Staff at Outplayed:

Dear MADAM,

GET F**KED.......and stop playing ACES you moron x x x

GreywolfNYC
04-06-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol I like there response to my email

Email's from our Guests

Comment:
Take this stupid site down. (No I didn't get sent it, I read about it on RGP.)... First it's bad sportsmanship. Second, I don't want bad players wising up to things like pot odds, position, etc. This site is a bad idea and only hurts good players.

Reply From the Friendly Staff at Outplayed:

Dear MADAM,

GET F**KED.......and stop playing ACES you moron x x x

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFLMAO! This site is hilarious. I really liked the advice to play "tired and/or drunk". Some of you really can't see that this is a spoof??

purnell
04-06-2005, 12:32 PM
I can see your point. If our goal is to play good poker, then strong competition will help us improve.

I also think that the kind of tabletalk hate is describing is an unnecessary distraction. In fact I frequently disable individuals' chat for this reason.

On a side note, once (and only once) when I was playing online with some very weak players who seemed like genuinely nice people, I pasted a link to this site into the chat box with the notation "Here's a gift for you guys". This was when SSHE was on the home page. One of them replied a few seconds later, "20 bucks to learn to play 2/4? I'd rather just use common sense." /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TryingHard
04-07-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can see your point. If our goal is to play good poker, then strong competition will help us improve.

I also think that the kind of tabletalk hate is describing is an unnecessary distraction. In fact I frequently disable individuals' chat for this reason.

On a side note, once (and only once) when I was playing online with some very weak players who seemed like genuinely nice people, I pasted a link to this site into the chat box with the notation "Here's a gift for you guys". This was when SSHE was on the home page. One of them replied a few seconds later, "20 bucks to learn to play 2/4? I'd rather just use common sense." /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think this site will put new players off the game or just confuse them?