PDA

View Full Version : 55 in EP: how super boring is this?

Entity
04-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Same $2/4 live game as I posted about earlier. Regularly 6 or 7 to the flop.

I look down and see 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif UTG. I limp. Tightish gal to my left folds, and UTG+2, a younger, decent guy who seems taggish, raises. One coldcaller on the Button, SB calls, BB calls, and I call. 5 to see a frop for 10SB.

The flop comes 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Checked to me, I bet, UTG+2 raises effortlessly and quickly, everyone folds to me. I call. 2 to the turn for 7BB.

Turn is the 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I check, TAG bets, I call.

The river is the 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif. I glance over at my opponent as he groans and I bet.

Main questions: flop bet, and flop call. The rest of the hand pretty much plays itself out. What's my best river play when I don't pick up some sort of tell on my opponent? Bet-call? Bet-fold? People do seem to be more passive in live play...

mr pink
04-04-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I glance over at my opponent as he groans and I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

you gotta be careful with this. some guys will make a big deal out of looking really upset like that 5 just killed them when really he's got AK and is trying to work you into betting at him.

depends whether you think he is acting or not really. there was this one guy that always picked up chips like he was getting ready to bet or not, if he wanted a free card he would pick up enough for a raise and then check. sometimes he'd raise anyway though, it was really confusing. i do know that he was playing just about every suited connector he was dealt, and using this chip ploy as a way of seeing turns and river cheaply. seriously this guy showed down at least 15 or 20 straights and flushes in a little over 2 hours. i'm rambling, anyway just be really sure it's a real tell, and he's not acting before making your decision.

Entity
04-04-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I glance over at my opponent as he groans and I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

you gotta be careful with this. some guys will make a big deal out of looking really upset like that 5 just killed them when really he's got AK and is trying to work you into betting at him.

depends whether you think he is acting or not really. there was this one guy that always picked up chips like he was getting ready to bet or not, if he wanted a free card he would pick up enough for a raise and then check. sometimes he'd raise anyway though, it was really confusing. i do know that he was playing just about every suited connector he was dealt, and using this chip ploy as a way of seeing turns and river cheaply. seriously this guy showed down at least 15 or 20 straights and flushes in a little over 2 hours. i'm rambling, anyway just be really sure it's a real tell, and he's not acting before making your decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a fake groan, from what I saw. It certainly wasn't something that was loud or directed at me at all -- it was subtle and pissed that his QQ or KK just got sucked out on.

Rob

mr pink
04-04-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It wasn't a fake groan, from what I saw. It certainly wasn't something that was loud or directed at me at all -- it was subtle and pissed that his QQ or KK just got sucked out on.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, technically his KK did just get sucked out on pretty bad.

Entity
04-04-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, technically his KK did just get sucked out on pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it did, which is a good part of the reason why I bet the river.

chief444
04-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I bet. I fold if he raises. QQ or KK would just call. I like the flop bet. Calling/folding I guess depends on how often you feel he's raising overcards.