PDA

View Full Version : Bonus clearing playing stud

vulturesrow
04-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Hey guys,

I have been doing my bonus clearing playing hold'em but I am wondering if it is viable to multitable stud to clear bonuses.

Thanks,
Chris

blackize
04-04-2005, 10:46 PM
If you want to win money while clearing a bonus then no multitabling stud isnt viable.

kenberman
04-04-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

I have been doing my bonus clearing playing hold'em but I am wondering if it is viable to multitable stud to clear bonuses.

Thanks,
Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

if you can remember the folded cards on every table, and get reads on all players w/o using Pokertracker/GT+, then sure this is viable.

blackize
04-05-2005, 03:35 AM
Most people cant do that. And it is pushing it for the ones who can to do it on more than 2 tables.

PoorLawyer
04-05-2005, 12:30 PM
well depends on the bonus is a good answer I think. If it is a raked hand bonus like the monthly interpoker, it is actually better to play stud. I can do those 450 raked hands in about 520 total hands....i think it would take over 800 to do it playing hold em. 2 tables of stud at that site is cake too because the software is so slow that at least one of the tables is lagging at all times.

vulturesrow
04-05-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well depends on the bonus is a good answer I think. If it is a raked hand bonus like the monthly interpoker, it is actually better to play stud. I can do those 450 raked hands in about 520 total hands....i think it would take over 800 to do it playing hold em. 2 tables of stud at that site is cake too because the software is so slow that at least one of the tables is lagging at all times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, that answer if very helpful. THanks to everyone else that has chimed in as well.

lstream
04-05-2005, 01:23 PM
If you have proven to yourself that you can multi-table stud and not negatively impact your win rate, then doing the same thing while bonus clearing seems like a low-risk thing to do. Without this experience base, then multi-tabling could be a high risk thing to do.

However, this also depends on the stakes you are playing. These bonuses are typically $100-$200. At 3/6 tables and up you can typically win or lose this amount in a single session of 100 to 200 hands (way less than the raked hand requirement).

I find that the difference between winning and losing can often come down to whether or not you play correctly in 3 or 4 key hands in a session.

If multitabling diverts your attention enough when these situations arise to cause you to make an error, then you could easily fritter away the bonus in mistakes, especially over 1000 or more raked hands. I believe that even in hands that you have folded, you should be watching everything that happens in order to get the best read possible on your opponents. At least in my experience the most profitable situations are when you get decent cards AND you have an excellent read on your opponents. I expect that many people are way better than me and can keep track of several tables worth of opponents, but I sure can't do it.

At lower stakes, such mistakes would not be so expensive and the bonus amounts could be adequate compensation, for anything less than optimal play.

bholdr
04-05-2005, 03:37 PM
When i clear bonus, i usually play one or two stud tables and two or three holdem tables. I play the holdem on autopilot and concentrate n the stud games.

It is very possible to multitable 1/2 stud and stud/8.