PDA

View Full Version : Which is more profitable over time, middle limit or middle NL?

galahad_187
04-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Hey everyone,

i've learned my lessons, i've had my break even period, and now im starting to consistantly break ahead. at the lower levels (PP 25NL atm) is no doubt more profitable for me than the .5/1L games. However, as i creep up the food chain so to speak, will, not /I/ but as a whole, will, say 3/6 limit be more profitable or playing 200NL? it will be a long time before i hit these limits, but im patiently and eagerly working my bankroll up playing in the limits its can easily handle. Im content making what i am now, but im also excited to reach new limits and hit new challenges.

So now its no doubt, im better in NL, i've always played NL. however im probably about a break even player in limit, but i'll happily learn if it seems to be an easier way to pay for things through college. im curious to find out now, as it will define the overall route which i take in my little world of poker.

thanks in advance for any replies or useful comments,

galahad

thanks for that bobby, quick mistake. i ment to say 200NL

bobbyi
04-04-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
will, say 3/6 limit be more profitable or playing 600NL?

[/ QUOTE ]
600NL is a much bigger game than 3/6.

BradL
04-04-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
600NL is a much bigger game than 3/6.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brainwalter
04-04-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for that bobby, quick mistake. i ment to say 200NL

Edited by galahad_187 (04/04/05 07:40 PM)

[/ QUOTE ]

Miss something Brad?

galahad_187
04-04-2005, 10:50 PM
quick bump for those who didn't read past my mistake.

just looking for a quick suggestion from those who have already been through it.
if no reply i wont bump again im not that annoying - i planned orginally on testing the waters in both.

-galahad

masonx
04-04-2005, 11:21 PM
I kinda doubt you are a break even Limit player. no offense but if you arent confident that you are a winning player chances are you arent even close.. because that means you are missing alot of the vital concepts of the game.

over time I think its easier to consistantly beat the mid Limit games than it is the Big/mid NL games

galahad_187
04-05-2005, 01:10 AM
my saying i was a break even player was just based on solid mathmatical play. nothing fancy, just what seems to be enough to beat low limit stuff. I have played around 100 hours of limit games, and came out slightly ahead. I didn't have any great computer program to tell me my hourly earnings, but i did have a legal pad that i kept detailed information on. not a great sample i know, but i could pick it up.

thanks for your reply, i guess easy to beat is what is best from the 'business perspective'

thanks,

galahad

JKratzer
04-05-2005, 01:17 AM
I think the most important factor to consider is what you are best at. You say you are better at NL but willing to work on your limit game. I say forget limit and put that work toward improving your NL game. I play almost exclusively NL now and NL is thought to have less varience than limit. As long as you have a wide range of limits and games to choose from (thank you internet) you can focus on your best game and play that exclusively to maximize your profit. There are a lot of good reasons to learn other games, but for someone starting off I'd say pick one game and learn it well before dabbling in others.

JKratzer

galahad_187
04-05-2005, 01:31 AM
"There are a lot of good reasons to learn other games, but for someone starting off I'd say pick one game and learn it well before dabbling in others."

makes perfect sense, and very well put thank you.
i'll now stick to NL until i reach my goal (which, save any horrid cold storm, will be by the end of july). then i'll consider branching out.

thanks again for your advice,

galahad