PDA

View Full Version : Practicing online

Bartman387
04-04-2005, 06:45 PM
I'm looking to improve my play cheaply, i've been using play money, but it seems kinda hard to play realistically for very wrong with people going all in every other hand etc. So was I thinking of going into .5/.10 tables (yeah I may sound like a huge cheap skate, but I'm trying to save as much gambling money for my trip to vegas in may).

Are these tables any better or is it still pretty loose and wild since it's such low stakes?

OrianasDaad
04-04-2005, 07:02 PM
It's still pretty loose and wild, but it's for actual money, so it's better than play money. I think the first limit you'll find that the players start to actually care about the money is at .25/.50.

There is nothing wrong with working up from .5/.10, though, and it's a much better experience than play money.

playersare
04-04-2005, 07:08 PM
if you do decide to play some micro fixed limits, I would only add to suggest that you play on a site which does not rake pots at 5c/10c level, such as Poker Stars or Paradise.

also, you will pay little or no rake at Poker Stars for their 25c/50c game as well (this is probably the only site where this is true).

however, you mentioned about "people going all in" so I guess you're talking about NL. in that case, all NL tables rake a flat 5% at all limits so just play whatever you're comfortable with.