PDA

View Full Version : Full Tilt and a mea culpa

MtSmalls
04-04-2005, 06:34 PM
For those of you thinking of bonus whoring at Full Tilt, I can only say, DONT. The games there are AWFUL, with generally four or less limit HE games at any level (1/2, 2/4, 3/6 etc) on FRIDAY FREAKING NIGHT. Weeknights, there might be two games going at each level. And these are TIGHT games. While this has decreased my variance relative to Party (the only other place I play) it also has killed my per hour rate.

I deposited $500 to get the 100% match, and now I wish i had only deposited about $100. Playing three tables at a time (2-2/4 games and 1 1/2 game), I'm earning the bonus at a rate of about $4 per hour. So far, I've earned $60 of my $500 bonus, so I have about another 110 hours to go before clearing the bonus. I might quit at $100 or so and go back to Party (this represents almost all of my online bankroll).

Mea Culpa, I thought this bonus would be easier than Party's reload bonus to clear, but the average pot size at FT is about half (sometimes less) than it is at Party.

FT might be a great site for tournaments, which i don't play. The software is decent, and even has a few features that I like. But the player population is minimal and dreadful.

playersare
04-04-2005, 06:41 PM
I don't really have anything to add here, which is refreshing.

CrazyN8
04-04-2005, 07:46 PM
just so people don't have to worry or ask, it's an acknowledgment of a personal error or fault.

$DEADSEXE$
04-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Don't these otehr sites realize that they really need to bring in more people, and being cheap about bonuses isn't going to help? You'de figure they'de simply mimick party and how they do bonuses and everything else etc.

Your going to get the occasional players who don't know any better and don't understand the terms and conditions but it seems like they are intentionally trying to get people to not sign up for anything other than tourney's.

Well at least FullT isn't as awful as Poo mountain.

playersare
04-04-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have +150BB's and 4 times more bonus cleared which begs to differ.

game selection, schmame selection. every night is seafood night at the Poo Poo, just wait for a table to sit down at.

captZEEbo1
04-04-2005, 08:53 PM
I like Full Tilt. I also find the bonus clearing to go relatively fast if you play $2/4 NL cash or $5/10 or higher.

Also it doesn't matter how much you deposit, because they release the bonus in increments.

ZBTHorton
04-04-2005, 11:04 PM
I cleared the full bonus in 2 weeks 3 tabling high limit NL.

I played alot of hands..but I made 5K while I was playing at the site..so the bonus was negligible.

The games are a bit harder, yes. But this isn't the big game or anything.

TobDog
04-05-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also it doesn't matter how much you deposit, because they release the bonus in increments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you WD some of your initial deposit before clearing the entire bonus?

ethanhunteg
04-05-2005, 11:52 AM
you can't stack bonuses at full tilt... you either have to complete the one your are on (be it initial or reload) or it has to expire before you can begin a new one

MtSmalls
04-05-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm glad that someone had a very positive experience with FT. I don't mean to crap on the site entirely, but its not great for the BW out there, trying to clear the bonus at lower limits. It may have been FT's main goal to attract more of the NL players then, given the way the bonus payout is structured. I don't play NL, nor tourneys, so I guess I'll have to slug it out at the low limits.

Crix
04-05-2005, 04:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea....Poo Mountain stinks!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bdubs
04-05-2005, 05:16 PM
I used to feel the same way about full tilt when I tried it back in late 04'. The players were too tight and the bonus took so long that I gave up. I decided to give them another shot when I saw that they had this new reload going on in march. Granted they only have 2-3 tables open at a time but at $3/6 the bonuses are clearing very fast for me. On top of that it seems like the play is much looser than at the lower levels that I used to play before.

So if you are playing at $3/6 or above you might wanna give it a shot if you want to try something new.

Jurollo
04-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I'm up $3000 in limited tourney play there this year, I enjoy the site, there are some fish that play there, just need to know where to go.
~Justin

MtSmalls
04-06-2005, 04:16 PM
thanks for the tip. I tried the 3/6 last night (only one of the three games was decent) but the bonus did work off quicker. Deck hit me in the face hard and I worked off almost $20 of the bonus in less than 2 hours, about twice as fast as before. This was playing one 3/6 and 2 2/4. If they get a few more decent 3/6 games going I might be able to clear the bonus before it expires. I will also likely cash out a couple hundred (made 250 last night) to get back into the Pary JP games....