PDA

View Full Version : About Pacific Poker and the free chips

Drunken Monkey
04-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Now being advertised on 2+2 I think that it is a legitiment offer, but I would just like to make sure. Has anyone ever done this and then got the free chip set with no hassles? All you had to do was register a new account, deposit a minimum of 50$ and then play 250 hands at tables with a minimum bet of .50?

If so, then what actually qualifies as a played hand? If I fold preflop does that count as one or do only hands that I showdown count? hands that I win? hands that I win with a showdown?

How long do you think this offer will be up for grabs? I am working out a bankroll right now with freerolls and micro-micro limits. I know that is not the advise on this site (more specifically this forum), but I do not really feel confortable with depositing for whatever reason. I play scared with money when I deposit it so winning money on freerolls help me maintian correct play and helps me learn.

Thank you for your help.

bholdr
04-04-2005, 07:27 PM
this offer is legit, as are all offers from big sites like pacific poker (they are owned by 888.com, the biggest online gambling company in the world). However, there are many BETTER offers out there, and that's what you should be considering.

Check out PokerSourceOnline- they have a nice pacific bonus running right now. also, the paradise 'granny' bonus is a great one for new players- 100$ free with a 200$ deposit.

***played hands***

each site has it's own set of definitions as to what constitutes a played hand or raked hand. usually, it's any hand in which you were dealt cards and the pot becomes raked (usually has to reach 5$). some sites require that the rake reaches a certian ammount, some sites require that you PLAY the raked pot. read the terms and conditions for each site and bonus before depositing. that bears repeating: read the terms and conditions for each site and bonus before depositing.

GL to you.

pokerrookie
04-04-2005, 09:07 PM
What b said about T&C. But at Pacific, IIRC, a played hand is one in which you contribute and it is raked.