PDA

View Full Version : Flushy straight, call two cold?

ravballz
04-04-2005, 05:21 PM
Both villains are pretty loose, doesn't really look what Button knows what he is doing. UTG is no expert either, but looks fairly more solid. Button leans towards LAG, UTG is more the passive guy.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (11 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Does anyone find a fold or a raise or a terrible flop bet somewhere in here?

Grisgra
04-04-2005, 06:14 PM
I'm not sure how I play this -- maybe I bet the flop, maybe I checkraise the flop, maybe I checkraise the turn, I just dunno. All I know is that in the position you were in on the turn, I'd probably 3-bet it, thinking my hand is good, that button is much more likely have an ace here for the sucker straight than two spades or 76. And I want to make UTG/Button pay for having a higher single spade in their hand than I do -- not the time to go for overcalls.

If you lose to two spades or 76, thems the breaks. I can't give you the best line, because I don't know what it is -- but I know I don't fold the flop for one bet, or the turn for two bets, or the river. Better question is whether there should be some more raisin' in there.

MAxx
04-04-2005, 06:20 PM
i check the flop and fold to a flop bet.

ravballz
04-04-2005, 06:30 PM
hah, yeah, that is probably the best line

MAxx
04-04-2005, 06:52 PM
had i been around on the turn... i would have lead to prevent a freebie... and/or invite A's to raise.

on the flop, you have a one card inside straight draw, a very weak one card flush draw, and a really long shot hit to the straightflush nuts. and your overcards are not worth hitting. In most cases this looks like a trouble hand that you will usually be the one paying off or winning little.

Switch suits on your A and 6, and I am pimping your hand.

Grisgra
04-04-2005, 07:48 PM
But . . . but . . . he's got a straight flush draw!

Just can't fold that /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

What I like about his hand is that if any three hits, he's going to get guaranteed action from some poor bastard with an ace. I think it's worth calling one bet for that.