PDA

View Full Version : My first SH Post

PokerBob
04-04-2005, 04:52 PM
I'm getting mauled at 3/6 full now, and I know I'll need to learn SH if I eventually want to be good at this poker stuff, so here goes.

2nd hand.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (5 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

naphand
04-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Mauled is an excellent word, and your post deserves a response from someone.

T9o from the SB is not a hand I like to play, but getting 7:1 against these chooks it must be worth half an SB to play fit-or-fold. Flop horrible, though you do have nut-outs to the J. Standard play from there on IMO, if you do get shown a Q, weak K or J9 then so be it (and you will quite often) take some notes and move on. The flop action sure looks like no K, though a Q is possible weak Aces or low PP are more likely. The 9 not only pairs you but gives you additional outs (but a T is probably a loser) any J or T will call you and probably any Ace so your bet gets value from the mindless callers. River bet is for value though it is quite thin; callers you beat would have to be A7, A4, J7, 54, 64, 89, 69 (they love it) or Ace high. Maybe not so thin then... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

krishanleong
04-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Looks good Bob, welcome to Hush.

Krishan

usmfan
04-05-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

T9o from the SB is not a hand I like to play, but getting 7:1 against these chooks it must be worth half an SB to play fit-or-fold. Flop horrible, though you do have nut-outs to the J. Standard play from there on IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm folding the flop to any action. I check-call the river b/c you're either way behind to a Q or way ahead. My guess is that you can induce a bluff from those you're ahead of and save a bet against someone you are behind. I don't see enough fold equity to make 2 laydown. I see a weak Q or even a 4 in the hand of MP.

mistrpug
04-05-2005, 10:35 AM
I play it the same.

stir
04-05-2005, 12:11 PM
... or anyone else who'd like to weigh in.

Expand on your comment that they love 6,9?

Thanks

TheCaptain
04-05-2005, 12:14 PM
69o does make a very disguised straight.

stir
04-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Nah, don't think so - not enough to "love" it.

But thinking about it a little more I suspect some peple love to play it just because it is 69. Similar to why some play Granny Mae; they know it has little intrinsic value as starters, but think it's great fun when it wins.

naphand
04-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Of course, have you not people making dumb plays with 69? One former (?) HUSH poster got caught (by me) raising 69s UTG (of course he flopped 2-pair and made FH). Apparently he "always" raised with 69, as it was just a "favourite". I think it is easy to guess the thinking behind playing this hand, it's not high-brow... /images/graemlins/ooo.gif