PDA

View Full Version : push-bluff in BB against several limpers

chopchoi
04-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Do any of you try to steal from the BB with a push-bluff against a few limpers? I have tried it with mixed results. Here's what I know so far: it is better to do it with a pp or 2 broadwayay, that way, you often have a coinflip if you get called. Also, the blinds must be right in proportion to your stack. If you have 25x BB, you don't have much to gain, but have a lot to lose. I like the pot to be about half of my stack.
If anyone else could give me some more insight on this move, I would appreciate it.

Che
04-04-2005, 05:18 PM
Unless I'm very short, I prefer to take the free flop with small/medium pairs (88 or less) because I can often double up with little risk if I hit my set.

Suited connectors as far down as 54s are also OK for this move (if the folding equity is there) since they do very well against AQ-type hands.

However, if I'm very likely to be called, I usually drop the suited connectors and stick to AKo-ATo and Ax suited plus suited broadway cards (sometimes).

Also, 1/3 stack is often enough.

Just adding some random thoughts for you to consider here - your ideas are fine and I'm not trying to say there is anything wrong with your approach.

Later,
Che