PDA

View Full Version : Testing Poker Prophecy

allenciox
04-04-2005, 03:19 PM
I saw the negative opinions here on Poker Prophecy, but I went ahead and decided to pay my money a week ago. I figured I could always ask for a refund if it was horribly inaccurate as some posters have indicated. I decided to test it by checking my id after every SNG I played to see

1) How often they missed one
2) How many wins they recorded as losses or vice versa.
3) whether they seemed to be biased to missing my wins or my losses.
4) whether it recorded my buyins accurately or not.

I must say I am "somewhat" pleased by the results. Up until Friday, I could check after every tourney ended and find out whether it kept it or not. Beginning Friday, it only updates once a day --- apparently sometime between 9 AM and 11 AM Eastern Time.

My results --- I have had a fairly bad streak over the last week and gone 15 wins, 40 losses on the $200 and $100 SNGs. It shows 9 wins, 25 losses, capturing about 62% of my results and not biased as to capturing wins vs. losses. I have not seen a single tournament where it falsely identified me as a winner or a loser ---- it just seems to miss some. I also note that the ones it misses are not random, they tend to occur close together. For example, I had 4 straight SNGs that were missed. This was single-tabling. I am wondering whether their server is updating sometimes and not always active.

It has also correctly identified my buyin amount on every occasion. So far, I see no indication of bias in these results.

Note that I bear no relationship to Poker Prophecy, just reporting what my testing shows. I would be interested in other people's validation, as well --- particularly over the last week to three weeks, it definitely sounds like there were some real problems before that time.

jcm4ccc
04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
It hasn't been so accurate in my case:

Player jcm4ccc

$100 Table: 0 wins / 1 losses / 0% wins
NEVER PLAYED A $100 SNG

$20 Table: 18 wins / 11 losses / 62.07% wins
MY ITM IS 47% OVER APPROXIMATELY 75 TOURNEYS

$10 Table: 80 wins / 68 losses / 54.05% wins
MY ITM IS A DISMAL 37% OVER 270 TOURNEYS (HAD A LONG LOSING STREAK IN THERE)

$5 Table: 22 wins / 13 losses / 62.86% wins
MY ITM WAS 51% OVER 49 TOURNEYS

In March, to make the top 50 on the Poker Prophecy website, you had to have an ITM of 53%. Over 213 tourneys, they have my ITM at 56%. In actuality, it should be around 40%. But I am hoping to make the top 50 when the new list is posted (supposed to be sometime around April 1)! I'll show it to my wife, to prove that I can actually play poker (she thinks I'm wasting my time).

Bluff Daddy
04-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Ive been seeing $0 tournies on there. Ive never played one but hear theyre pretty soft /images/graemlins/club.gif