PDA

View Full Version : Motivate Me to not Smoke!

ChrisCo
04-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Just got back from a cruise in hawaii and met some girls there and had a blast. I'm fairly young and was plastered just about every night and one of the girls I was with was a smoker. She kept on offering me cigarettes if I would go back to the room with her so I obviously obliged.

Now the cruise is over and I am getting some cravings for them after a week of smoking. I have seen several threads talking about people that have chosen to stop after heaving smoking for several years and what a living hell it is to go through. Just scare the [censored] out of me so whenever I get the craving when I have been drinking or whatever I can come back and look at this thread.

jakethebake
04-04-2005, 02:29 PM
Send me $10 for every cig you have. That will motivate you.

mason55
04-04-2005, 02:32 PM
Don't smoke. It's really that easy. You really don't want to, you just think you do.

I quit a month ago and after the first week it was fine. Seriously, once you make it through three days and one night of drinking you will forget about cigarettes.

ChrisCo
04-04-2005, 02:36 PM
It's not really about smoking on a pack a day. I just want to not have anything to do with it when I am hammered. If I keep on smoking everytime I get drunk then I am going to eventually become a chain smoker. I just need some way to have it stick in my mind that I should not touch it even when I am impaired.

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Wait a sec...im gonna smoke a square and then respond.

xadrez
04-04-2005, 02:39 PM
I havent smoked in 1 month and 1 week after smoking for 13 years (since I was 13).

Its a complete nightmare to quit and if you havent started its not worth the pure physical and mental hell that quiting entails. I have a nicotine patch on and I still want to punch everyone I see smoking out of jealousy.

One thing I meditate on everytime Ive gotten a craving was closing my eyes and reliving an experience I had in a cancer ward a year or so ago. People all over dying, families in shock, a priest on call roaming around giving last rites, etc. It was horrid.

My other savior is Halo 2.

ChrisCo
04-04-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait a sec...im gonna smoke a square and then respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

On a side note, do you go to Chico state Zaxx? I remember talking to someone on this board that goes to chico and I am planning on going there next year.

mason55
04-04-2005, 02:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not really about smoking on a pack a day. I just want to not have anything to do with it when I am hammered. If I keep on smoking everytime I get drunk then I am going to eventually become a chain smoker. I just need some way to have it stick in my mind that I should not touch it even when I am impaired.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's how I got started. The one thing you can do is NOT SMOKE WHEN YOU'RE NOT DRINKING. But then you say well hmmm... I'm having a beer, i can have a cigarette with it too. If you're disciplined you can actually smoke every once in awhile (this is what I do now, 2 cigarettes/week maybe) but if you're not just don't touch the [censored]. it's really really not worth it. anytime you want a smoke, just have another drink.

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 02:42 PM
Uh, no.

ChrisCo
04-04-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uh, no.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad.

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 02:44 PM
I hear good things about the gurls there though.

This is only 2nd and 3rd hand stuff....and of course its from Midwestern kids going to Cali for the first time.....

JGalt
04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
http://www.smokehelp.org/assets/images/Smokers_Lungs.jpg

http://faculty.washington.edu/kepeter/119/images/smokers_lung.jpg

I died young (http://whyquit.com/whyquit/BryanLeeCurtis.html)

So did I (http://whyquit.com/whyquit/SeanMarsee.html)

moondogg
04-04-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My other savior is Halo 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

GTA SA has been a godsend for me.

I used to hate that it was almost impossible to play the game and smoke at the same time, it just keeps your hands too busy. Now I love it.

ChrisCo
04-04-2005, 02:48 PM
DING DING DING

We have a winner!

Thats perfect! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

jakethebake
04-04-2005, 02:50 PM
My solution would be far more effective, whether you want to admit it or not. My solution would force a committment out of you. Since you don't like my idea, I assume you're not really serious about quitting.

[ QUOTE ]
DING DING DING

We have a winner!

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DcifrThs
04-04-2005, 02:50 PM
[

zaxx19
04-04-2005, 02:54 PM
YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DO QUIT....

Seriously, if those pics scared you away from sweet tobacco smoke, you are probably one of those punks who wears condoms and stuff....pathetic. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nolanfan34
04-04-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
DING DING DING

We have a winner!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, those are good. My wife has some good pics from her dental hygiene classes of what mouth and throat cancer looks like, those would work too.