PDA

View Full Version : too reckless on the bubble?

dfscott
04-04-2005, 01:50 PM
I've tried to step up my bubble aggression. Is this too much?

BB was fairly tight and had never defended his blinds (so far).

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1480)
Button (t4100)
Hero (t1110)
BB (t1310)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1110 (All-in)</font>...

raptor517
04-04-2005, 01:53 PM
mmm, if he has not been defending and is playing tight yes thats fine. if you make the steal here, and steal the next hand, you are in great shape. 3uo

The Yugoslavian
04-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Mr. Analyzer will give you the answer you're looking for, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I'm liable to push here and on the next hand.

Yugoslav

Sam T.
04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
You have a ton of FE here, so this is fine. If you have a hand, it's not a steal.

Sam

dfscott
04-04-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Analyzer will give you the answer you're looking for, /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

The numbers say I can lower his calling standards as far as any pair, any A, any K, and any decent Q and still be plus EV. I was really wondering if this was one of those "yes, it's +EV, but wait for a spot that's more +EV."

raptor517
04-04-2005, 02:08 PM
meh, not enough time to wait for a more +ev spot. push the 72. 3uo

Bigwig
04-04-2005, 02:10 PM
I'm going against the crowd here, and folding. I'd push a huge range of hands in this spot, but 72o falls short of that range. You've got two similar stack sizes. I'd wait and see what happens on the next two hands.

wuwei
04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
I think it's good. Times like this I look for situations to steal without regards to my cards - if you have someone who hasn't shown any inclination to defend, it's a solid play.

The Yugoslavian
04-04-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

The numbers say I can lower his calling standards as far as any pair, any A, any K, and any decent Q and still be plus EV. I was really wondering if this was one of those "yes, it's +EV, but wait for a spot that's more +EV."

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you can wait until next hand for another +$EV opportunity. However, pushing both opportunities seems the most +$EV IMO, /images/graemlins/grin.gif. You have what, barely more than 3xBB with no completely ready to busty shorty? You need chips and you need them now dammit!

Yugoslav

Slim Pickens
04-04-2005, 04:20 PM
I think it depends more on your table image than on your impression of BB. The more hands you push, the more likely your opponents are to open up their calling standards. That concenpt is simple, but the tricky part is getting your opponents' calling standards to where they will most often pay off your good hands while folding to your bad ones. If you've had to push three or four of the last 15 hands, I'd say this is a bad push. If you've pushed only one or two, I say go for it. Picking up AK on the button sucks if you know any raise will knock out everybody and you're stuck making some dangerous tricky limp as the only way to get action.

I'll see you at the 20's provided my bankroll survives this latest downswing. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I don't like the 10's... I don't want to have to go back.

Slim