PDA

View Full Version : Does the pope crap in the woods?

mason55
04-04-2005, 01:20 PM
Can I still use this phrase or do I have to wait for a new pope to be elected? I don't want to offend any Catholics.

astroglide
04-04-2005, 01:22 PM
is the bear jewish?

mason55
04-04-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is the bear jewish?

[/ QUOTE ]

is he circumsized? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

your post confuses me

PoBoy321
04-04-2005, 01:27 PM
I don't think that too many people would be offended. Granted, the most recent pope died just a few days ago, but that doesn't change the position. I don't think that anyone who wouldn't be offended before JP2 died is going to be offended afterwards.

astroglide
04-04-2005, 01:28 PM
how can that confuse you?

mason55
04-04-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how can that confuse you?

[/ QUOTE ]

what do bears and jews have to do with the pope?

astroglide
04-04-2005, 01:30 PM
reversed sayings

1: is the pope jewish?
2: does a bear crap in the woods?

jakethebake
04-04-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can I still use this phrase or do I have to wait for a new pope to be elected? I don't want to offend any Catholics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends. Are there woods wherever he went?

mason55
04-04-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
reversed sayings

[/ QUOTE ]

never heard the first one. what if a jewish pope and a bear crapped in the woods together?

jakethebake
04-04-2005, 01:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
reversed sayings

[/ QUOTE ]

never heard the first one. what if a jewish pope and a bear crapped in the woods together?

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole thing is moot. I'm pretty sure he never took a crap as full of [censored] as he was.

Chairman Wood
[ QUOTE ]
Can I still use this phrase or do I have to wait for a new pope to be elected? I don't want to offend any Catholics

[/ QUOTE ]
More importantly, could he win in a death match versus an elephant?

Dantes
uh its "is the pope catholic"

Freakin
04-04-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
uh its "is the pope catholic"

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Freakin

mason55
04-04-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can I still use this phrase or do I have to wait for a new pope to be elected? I don't want to offend any Catholics

[/ QUOTE ]
More importantly, could he win in a death match versus an elephant?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if he could use the popemobile.

IndieMatty
04-04-2005, 01:44 PM
I can't believe I'm explaining this.

There are two phrases to use in place of answers when "yes" is obvious: Does the Pope wear a pointy hat?
Does a bear [censored] in the woods?

In an extra humorous twist, (Big Lebowski)you switch the two..and it becomes nonsensical and you get...

Does the Pope [censored] in the woods? This also means yes, but it allegedly funnier.

If I missed any sarcasm and people aren't actually mistaking these things, then I'm an idiot.

Freakin
04-04-2005, 01:45 PM
I like Futurama's "Is the space pope reptilian?"

Freakin

mason55
04-04-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

There are two phrases to use in place of answers when "yes" is obvious: Does the Pope wear a pointy hat?

In an extra humorous twist, (Big Lebowski)you switch the two..and it becomes nonsensical and you get...

Does the Pope [censored] in the woods? This also means yes, but it allegedly funnier.

If I missed any sarcasm and people aren't actually mistaking these things, then I'm an idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was aware of all of this. i was not aware of the

"is the pope jewish?"

does that mean yes? or no?

jakethebake
04-04-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"is the pope jewish?"

[/ QUOTE ]

It means yes.

IndieMatty
04-04-2005, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"is the pope jewish?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not a real saying. It means nothing.

einbert
04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
reversed sayings

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are obviously not a golfer.

jakethebake
04-04-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"is the pope jewish?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not a real saying. It means nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is. I say it all the time. Seriously.

edit: 371 google hits for "Is the pope jewish".

Hallett
04-04-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
reversed sayings

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, one day I was plastered drunk and got these mixed up...I thought I invented it myself, but I guess not.. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I always heard it as "Is the Pope Polish", not Jewish..

Brainwalter
04-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Holy [censored] I can't believe this thread.

Why would you say "Is the pope Jewish" if you meant yes (he's not.)?

Someone asks a question where the answer is obviously yes. You respond "is the pope catholic" because it's just as obviously yes. Same with bears and woods.

I defy anyone to logically explain why "is the pope catholic?" means yes, in response to a qeustion.

Edit: 371 google hits prove nothing. If you could google spoken language, you'd get a lot of hits for "nucular" but it's still a mixed-up version of a real word.

The Pope is Catholic. Bears [censored] in the woods. Think about it.

Brainwalter
04-04-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always heard it as "Is the Pope Polish", not Jewish..

[/ QUOTE ]

That may have passed until a few days ago. The real saying is obviously "Is the Pope Catholic?"

IndieMatty
04-04-2005, 04:10 PM
That is 371 hits that miss the point of everything. They probably also believe that these two things are the same for all "intensive purposes".

People say [censored] all the time, and think it's funny and or amusing and actually have no idea why or what it means..then it gets translated, over heard wrong and all of a sudden it's a saying?

mason55
04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is 371 hits that miss the point of everything. They probably also believe that these two things are the same for all "intensive purposes".

People say [censored] all the time, and think it's funny and or amusing and actually have no idea why or what it means..then it gets translated, over heard wrong and all of a sudden it's a saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

But I can still say "Does the pope [censored] in the woods" correct? That's all I'm really worried about here. My problem is that there currently is no Pope.

Brainwalter
04-04-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Also of note: There are many more hits for "is the pope catholic," and at least the first 2 hits for "is the pope jewish" relate to a CNN story that the pope IS (was) of Jewish descent, not to any saying.

IndieMatty
04-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Holy [censored]. The saying that parallels the bear in the woods is not even "Is the Pope Catholic?" It's "Does the pope wear a pointy hat?"

Catholic is the very nature of the pope, it would be like asking "Does a bear have a fur?" Or "Is a bear a mammal?"

Pointy hat and shitting in the woods invoke a comical tone, for which the God damn sayings exists.--- An amusing way to say "yes, of course."

Whatever else you all think are just bastardized butchered sayings, that don't fit the original context or point of the existence of the original.

And yes Mason you can say pope shiting in the woods still, as the ironic "oops I forgot the real saying" saying for the sake of weirdness.

Pinga
04-04-2005, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not offended.

As an avid hunter I can guarantee you that everyone craps in the woods when they need to.

I recommend fresh leaves over pre-fallen. Mold is not so good. A bunch of fresh pine works ok, too.

Many novices use their sock; their friends make fun of them.

Best,
Pinga