PDA

View Full Version : betting a flush draw?

splashpot
04-04-2005, 01:11 PM
PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: is with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, spinkick checks.

Flop: (1 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">spinkick bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, spinkick calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, spinkick calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, spinkick folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

No real reads. It was one of the first hands at the table. Maybe 2nd orbit.

captZEEbo1
04-04-2005, 01:24 PM
3-bet flop and bet turn. You're probably ahead....if not, you're probably not too far behind. Look at it this way....if opponent had 43, you're a favorite over him.

Fiddler
04-04-2005, 01:25 PM
I would have folded on the turn with that small pot.

TMFS9
04-04-2005, 01:45 PM
I like this line, but I might be inclined to take a free card if given the opportunity on the turn. Villan is unlikely folding a pair on any street, the only thing that a turn bet will do is fold an Ax or a stronger K which are unlikely holdings because more than likely they would have raised preflop

captZEEbo1
04-04-2005, 01:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like this line, but I might be inclined to take a free card if given the opportunity on the turn. Villan is unlikely folding a pair on any street, the only thing that a turn bet will do is fold an Ax or a stronger K which are unlikely holdings because more than likely they would have raised preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check on turn, are you calling a river bet? I see people make c/r bluffs on these flops and if you'd 3-bet them, they'd peel one off. That'd be the only reason I'd bet turn though....for value thinking I'm ahead.

Danenania
04-04-2005, 01:55 PM
I like your line. I think you easily have enough outs to call the turn but don't see much purpose in 3-betting the flop, though it would be okay to do that sometimes.

TMFS9
04-04-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you check on turn, are you calling a river bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not against an unknown villan.

[ QUOTE ]
I see people make c/r bluffs on these flops and if you'd 3-bet them, they'd peel one off. That'd be the only reason I'd bet turn though....for value thinking I'm ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely understand what you are saying I just question if they are checkraise bluffing enough to justify a value bet on the turn especially at 2/4. But if you are intent on seeing a showdown a turn bet is definitely in order.