PDA

View Full Version : Too Aggro?

jon_1van
04-04-2005, 12:05 PM
Party 5/10 7 handed

Seat 1: XXX XXX 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif____________________FOLD
Seat 3: XXX XXX Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif________________________FOLD
Seat 4: XXX XXX 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif____________________________FOLD
Seat 5: XXX XXX 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif__BI____________________________FOLD
Seat 6: XXX XXX 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif____CALL____________________________CAL L
Seat 7: XXX XXX 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif________FOLD
Seat 8: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif____________COMPLETE

4th

Seat 6: XXX XXX 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/spade.gif__BET
Seat 8: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif_____RAISE

Andy B
04-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Possibly. I don't think that a typical $5/10 player will bet into an apparent pair of Kings without an Ace in the hole.

Roland
04-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Hi Jon,

A similar situation is discussed in 7CSFAP (Throwing Fast Balls, p. 124). Might be interesting.

Roland

BeerMoney
04-05-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Jon,

A similar situation is discussed in 7CSFAP (Throwing Fast Balls, p. 124). Might be interesting.

Roland

[/ QUOTE ]

In that section, your opponent checks to you.

LA_Price
04-05-2005, 02:20 PM
I tend to call this bet unless I'm interested in knocking out another player. the problem with raising is that if you raise and get 3 bet you've made the pot big with possibly the worst hand.

Roland
04-05-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Jon,

Roland

[/ QUOTE ]

In that section, your opponent checks to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the same logic applies, though. Suppose you raise with your kings and your opponent calls. Then you bet on 5th and get check-raised. Do you fold now? If you continue it has cost you one and a half BB more.
On the other hand, if you just call 4th and 5th, you save that money when you’re behind. And you make money if your passivity induces him to keep on betting into you without actually having aces.

SittingBull
04-05-2005, 04:52 PM
on 4th and your Oppo. doesn't seem to improve either,do u call another bet?? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Jusst wondering,
SittingBull
/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Michael Emery
04-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Most the time your ahead here. The problem is, as you know, its usually not by much assuming he has a pair and just caught that ace kicker. So your aproximately a 60/40 fav. if he has a pair (lower than aces of course) or a 2-1 dog if he started with a hand like a three-flush and has hit aces. Aces up your drawing damn near dead against. So the majority of the time I just call here. The one and biggest exception is if there are players behind you. Here you must usually take the risk and raise trying to get it heads-up.

Mike Emery