PDA

View Full Version : I wish...

Shang Chou
04-04-2005, 11:42 AM
There was an archive of Fancy Plays as well as an entire forum for bad players. This would give me inspiration and ideas for when I am playing poker with my friends at home to do all types of crazy weird things. I have come up with quite a few of these absurd plays as well and would be willing to share with anyone who just wants to get drunk and lose money at the poker table, but have fun while you are doing it.

I think you know you are at this expert level of crappy play when you can get away with the "all in, just kidding" play and the other players at your table don't mind.

A particular deadly play which I have seen utilized is the straddle around the table. If you are playing 1/2 blinds NL, the UTG posts 4 dollars, UTG+1 posts 8, UTG+2 posts 16, etc until you reach the tight player who refuses to be part of your foolishness.

Some other minor busch league type plays are the check raise the turn with a gut shot or perhaps the classic "i'll give you a dollar to fold" line.

If you think about it, raising the flop when you have a 4 flush is basically a primitive form of the kind of play I am describing. So, maybe in a few years, this kind of stuff won't be as absurd as it is right now.

Shang Chou
04-04-2005, 11:51 AM
Ha...playing 9 handed at my frat house a few nights ago with 8 other MIT kids. .5/1 blinds NL holdem. My roomate Josh and a very very tight player are in a hand heads up. Both have like 150 in front of them. On the river something like the following occured: Bet, raise, "im all in", "i call". Ace high against Q high. Ace high was good. That was sweet.