PDA

View Full Version : This one had me puzzled and I don't like how it played out.

cjx
04-04-2005, 11:38 AM
I had notes on these guys at the time, but they're at home and I'm at work. Suffice it to say the table is loose passive as a rule and the vilain aggressive postflop, but not very thinking. He is capable or 3 betting, but probably not 3 bet bluffing and I don't think he'll 3 bet a single pair.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Villain calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Interesting, I REALLY hoped for a CO/Button bet that I could check raise and try to knock people out. Barring that I figured maybe I'd wait for the turn as just about every card in the deck hurts my hand.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Well, my turn card hit, I mean, it doesn't get much more innocuous than that. But what do I do with it? I still really wanted to try and knock people out; there could easily be four or five overcards out there, a straight draw or two (Aces/4's/789's). So... let's see a river.

River: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero ???

Well, it's not great, but I gotta figure it's pretty good for me. With four players in front of me what's my plan? Or is it too late, did I botch this one way back in the beginning?

mistrpug
04-04-2005, 12:15 PM
On that draw-heavy board, I am absolutely betting the flop.

The "innocuous" 2 that hit on the turn put 4 cards to a straight on the board. After the river, I check planning to call one bet. Fold if it comes back 2 to me.

STLantny
04-04-2005, 12:19 PM
bet river fold to a raise, is what Id do.

TMFS9
04-04-2005, 12:21 PM
you really need to bet that flop

cjx
04-04-2005, 12:49 PM
I am betting the flop hoping to get raised right? And happy to 3-bet it? Or is that depending on the position of the raise?

If I get the same callers as in the hand, do I lead the turn and fold to a raise. I think so. Ok, that looks better...

cjx