PDA

View Full Version : Call this all-in 4 handed???

theordinaryboy
04-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Ok

utg = 1600
hero = 1000
sb = 5200 posted 200
bb = 2200 posted 400

big blind is 400

utg goes all-in
hero has 77 ?????

Now what i am interested in is whether your decision changes when i mention the following, this was a step 5 and so we were already in the money.

I imagine we want a read on utg as well so, he was ultra tight first 3 levels but had loosened up quite considerably on the bubble and had been very lucky to stay in on a couple of times. My experience with him before was that he was a good to very good player. Sb and BB had been tight around the bubble sb in particular. My image was also tight.

So who calls this when 4th place gets paid and who calls this if we pretend its a standard sit and go where 3rd gets paid???

steeser
04-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Tough decision. Did you have any read on whether or not the SB or BB were loose callers? If they were tight, I might be inclined to play this one, hoping for a coinflip at worst and the dead money being enough to make it a +EV move. At some point, you have to gamble, and UTG is pushing with a wide range of cards here, as he will not have much folding equity if he passes here.

theredpill5
04-04-2005, 08:56 AM
77 with 1000 chips and blinds 400. Jesus christ, I'm all-in for sure. What are you going to wait for ? You gonna wait for that 8 2 o in the BB cuz that's what you'll probably get. You'll probably get 96o for the rest of your time. That's an automatic push.