PDA

View Full Version : A question: fundamentals of chip holding

The Yugoslavian
04-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Hello there,

This quesiton has been bothering me all weekend (and as you can see, I can't sleep because of it) since my trip to the Commerce Baby, Commerce! (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=2068012 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Mai n=2068012&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=18032&dat erange=1&newerval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertyp e=&bodyprev=#Post2068012) /images/graemlins/grin.gif. A strange situation presented itself and I think it's best to turn the issue over to the members of this esteemed forum to help me make my decision.

Note: Unless he wishes to reveal his identity, I will keep the name of the 2+2er involved anonymous, /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

I won't bore you with a long rehash of how the night went (see link above for the trip report, /images/graemlins/wink.gif ) but at some point while watching Raptor and Usher get slaughtered at Pai Gow a 2+2er to remain nameless asked if I could hold his $300 worth of chips for him for a couple of minutes .

I was happy to grant him this favor and proceeded to watch Raptor and Usher lose several banks while waiting, /images/graemlins/blush.gif. However, after several minutes, he had not returned or renewed our agreement. After what was certainly more than 5 but fewer than 10 minutes, he shows up and asks for his chips back.

Whoa! WHoa! WHOa! WHOA!

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I asked him 'you want WHAT?!? He said he is entitled to the $300 worth of chips per our original agreement. Apparently he feels that he is entitled to all of the chips I am now holding or I may 'die a horrifically painful and slow death.' He also said that he has made similar agreements with other people before and there was never any confusion - all paid him back even after he was gone longer than originally agreed.

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Well, I asked Raptor about this and his semi-coherent response was 'Bwahahahahahaha! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif $300 in chips?! Meh.....ship it! holla!' Unfortunately I had no idea wtf he was talking about, /images/graemlins/confused.gif, as he continued to bank every hand of Pai Gow to disasterous effect.

So, I asked TheUsher and he contemplated my question for a few thoughtful moments but his attention evaporated as Raptor started pounding the table yelling, 'SHIP IT BABY! Holla Bitches!!'

So......any thoughts or suggestions? Am I a complete and utter idiot (backstabber, douche, scum of scum) for thinking since he was gone longer than the original terms of our agreement, I was on my own?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yugoslav

Shanemex
04-04-2005, 08:37 AM
He clearly violated the terms of your oral contract. As such, you are entitled to a non-refundable service charge deducted from the principal amount as compensation for his tortious breach of contract.

skipperbob
04-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Here's a plan....You handle the trip reports /images/graemlins/smile.gif...Leave the disguised humor, sarcasm, and cynical observations to me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheUsher
04-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Contract was null and void after the original time expired per your agreement. What is this supposed to be a FOREVER type of agreement? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

On another note, it seems like my machine-like grind at the 50's yesterday has garnered some interesting chat from people asking if I was "Usher mentioned from the Commerce the other night". Nice way to know that they're trout. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

(right behind raptor on the Empire leaderboard) bwahahaha!*(@

Maulik
04-04-2005, 10:36 AM
So after more than 5 but less than 10 mintues, you decided not to give a 2+2er his chips back? Seems ridiculous you held the word couple of mintues to just that. If any form of the law were involved I fear you'd be shipping your chips back to a 2+2'er. Give the man what's rightfully his. I don't think you were going out of your way to protect his chips so you really shouldn't be taxing him his chips. Tell him to buy you a drink and call it a day.

SuitedSixes
04-04-2005, 11:25 AM
Did you seriously bring this back up?

Gramps
04-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Possession is 9/10 of the law...

The Yugoslavian
04-04-2005, 07:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's a plan....You handle the trip reports /images/graemlins/smile.gif...Leave the disguised humor, sarcasm, and cynical observations to me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You've been droppin' the ball in the last couple days /images/graemlins/mad.gif. I mean, you haven't even called me a pinko commie F.A.G. in like.....at least a week! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I felt I had to make something happen, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav
Who really did like Forum Bot's random guest appearance in an OOT thread that one time...

microbet
04-04-2005, 10:17 PM
This makes me sad.

Irieguy
04-04-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This makes me sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, that's funny. I feel for you, microbet.

Irieguy
Who is amazed at how invaluable poker advice from gifted players can go essentially unnoticed while I can get quoted verbatim from a goofy off-topic petty-theft post

GauchoFish
04-04-2005, 11:16 PM
[censored]

GauchoFish
04-04-2005, 11:18 PM
you need to get a life man

when is the last time you posted something about poker?

this forum is like your social life and its sad. i come accross your crap all the time and none of it has anything to do w/ sit-n-go's

SuitedSixes
04-04-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

The Yugoslavian
04-04-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Who is amazed at how invaluable poker advice from gifted players can go essentially unnoticed while I can get quoted verbatim from a goofy off-topic petty-theft post

[/ QUOTE ]

At least everyone is using 'betting impetus' now thanks to you. That's gotta make you pretty proud, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav