PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Intelligent Shoe

thatpfunk
04-04-2005, 05:29 AM
Most important question- does anyone know the song that is playing in the commercial?

Commercial is, black guy with little 'fro get out of bed and is jogging in the dark. With each stride his shoes light his way. Song lyrics go something like: "Whenever I wake up, try to..?" Soft girls voice singing.

Not quite as important, has anyone tried the shoes on? Reviews? Also, how much are they?

Jack of Arcades
04-04-2005, 05:52 AM
It's sung by Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

See here (http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials/1586/)

thatpfunk
04-04-2005, 06:03 AM
Thanks. Definetly one of my favorite commercials. It looks like the song was made just for the commercial. Unfortunate, I wanted to get a hold of it.

MarkL444
04-04-2005, 07:20 AM
oh man i was wondering that too and thought about posting to see if anyone knew. thanks!

Matty
04-04-2005, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
oh man i was wondering that too and thought about posting to see if anyone knew. thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]Damn, me too.

DBowling
04-04-2005, 09:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Damn, me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

glad to see i wasnt the only one

MarkL444
04-04-2005, 11:10 AM
whats that site where you guys were posting mp3s, ill throw it up.

The Dude
04-04-2005, 11:19 AM
What exactly is supposed to be intelligent about this shoe?

lucas9000
04-04-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. Definetly one of my favorite commercials. It looks like the song was made just for the commercial. Unfortunate, I wanted to get a hold of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's supposed to be released on itunes soon. the song was made by spike jonze's brother, with karen o singing. spike jonze created the commercial. at home i have links to where you can download the full (90 sec.) version of the commercial. with some googlign though you should be able to find it no problem.

MarkL444
04-04-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whats that site where you guys were posting mp3s, ill throw it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

nm, heres a link

http://home.comcast.net/~cheatedhearts/Karen_O-adidas.mp3

DBowling
04-04-2005, 11:21 AM
i got it off of shareaza

Squeak E. Clean (featuring Karen O) - Hello Tomorrow

MarkL444
04-04-2005, 11:24 AM
is it 91 seconds?

mmbt0ne
04-04-2005, 12:10 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

It's got a microchip in it that adjust the cushioning depending on your foot's architecture (word?) and pressure from whatever surface you happen to be on. Basically it's the novelty of the Reebok pump, with the price tag of a computer shoe.

Sponger15SB
04-04-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most important question- does anyone know the song that is playing in the commercial?

[/ QUOTE ]

That song makes me want to commit suicide.

I hate that stupid song. After like 2 viewings its impossible not to have the words memorized and the urge to sing along.

Sponger15SB
04-04-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's got a microchip in it that adjust the cushioning depending on your foot's architecture (word?) and pressure from whatever surface you happen to be on. Basically it's the novelty of the Reebok pump, with the price tag of a computer shoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? It doesn't tie itself for you.

[censored] false advertising!

mason55
04-04-2005, 12:23 PM
http://www.boardsmag.com/screeningroom/commercials/1586

Can't belive Karen O is doing adidas commercials now.

jakethebake
04-04-2005, 12:39 PM
Intelligent Shoes? And here I've been worried about the computers taking over. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

thatpfunk
04-04-2005, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the Adidas website:
Contains microprocessors capable of making 5 million calculations per second- It understands and adapts to give you the level of cushioning depending on your environment- concrete, grass, brick, etc.

Semi-cool website (http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/adidas_1/content/usindex.asp?strCountry_adidascom=us&amp;strBrand_adida scom=performance)

I'd like to try on a pair, see how they feel.

thatpfunk
04-04-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What? It doesn't tie itself for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess the new reebok intelligent shoe is supposed to do that... I don't think I'd want that though- What if the computer thinks your shoes should be tighter or looser than you like?

thatpfunk
04-04-2005, 05:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That song makes me want to commit suicide.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes me feel peaceful. Maybe your blood pressure is too high from 37 tabling.

[ QUOTE ]
I hate that stupid song. After like 2 viewings its impossible not to have the words memorized and the urge to sing along.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it, it puts a smile on my face.

Chairman Wood
04-04-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
guess the new reebok intelligent shoe is supposed to do that... I don't think I'd want that though- What if the computer thinks your shoes should be tighter or looser than you like?

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you no discipline? You do as the computer says

DBowling
04-05-2005, 03:43 AM
i got a 91 second version and also a 4 minutes 4 second version, the longer version isnt any more spectacular, just a lot of silent time in between

thatpfunk
04-05-2005, 04:00 AM
Where did you get the 4 min version?