PDA

View Full Version : First multi-tabling SNG experience

theredpill5
04-04-2005, 04:20 AM
I just did my first multi-tabling SNG experience. I two-tabled at Party. I was 3rd in one and 5th in the other.

Tell me if I played this right.

Scenario 1

5 handed now. I have 500 and blinds are 100. I have A 7o . Big stack minimum raises and I push all-in expecting to see QJ or KJ or something like that. He shows KQ. I lose, though.

Scenario 2
3 handed

Been going at it for quite some time. My 99 goes up against short stack JJ. Etc ETc. These short stacks won't leave. I have 1800. Big stack has 3000 or so and other stack has about 1800 too. I have K6o . Blinds are 400. I'm on the button. I push all-in as blind steal but might be good if called . Do you like it ?

curtains
04-04-2005, 04:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5 handed now. I have 500 and blinds are 100. I have A 7o . Big stack minimum raises and I push all-in expecting to see QJ or KJ or something like that. He shows KQ. I lose, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why people try to put others on such specific hands. He could have anything, a pair, AK, AT, KQ, QJ, it's nearly impossible to know. However a lot of the posts I see have their opponent so narrowly defined just because they make some normal preflop raise, or move allin preflop. I just don't understand it. Don't worry I've seen a lot of these posts today that just assume every raise is Ax or something like that, Im not just picking on you.

Also your question is almost impossible to answer since you gave no details, most importantly such as position.

theredpill5
04-04-2005, 04:34 AM
I was in MP in Scenario 1. What's wrong with assuming he has Q J or KQ ? I made the right read.

curtains
04-04-2005, 04:36 AM
You didn't make the right read, you just got lucky. You can't make such a narrowly defined read in a spot like that, it just isn't possible. Most people do this and remember the times they are correct, and forget all the times they are wrong.

Also I thought you said 5 handed. Does MP mean cutoff seat, meaning that the big stack was under the gun?

theredpill5
04-04-2005, 05:13 AM
MP - AKA middle position. With 2000 posts, I figured you knew this. WHy are you even commenting on this thread ? You don't have anything insightful or constructive to say so go jerk off on your Pamela Andersen poster, dumbass.

curtains
04-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Ok listen, there are 5 positions when its 5 handed. There's UTG, CO, Button, SB and BB. There is no MP, so unless this is clarified I can't help you with your question. I can't give much constructive advice when I don't know the exact details of the hand, and MP just doesn't cut it when there are 5 players.

You obviously aren't UTG since the big stack raised, so you are probably the cutoff seat, but you aren't using the correct terminology so I didn't want to make an assumpion about how to play before I was sure of the details. Also it's hard to type advice while typing with my left hand.

ilya
04-04-2005, 06:09 AM
I don't like the A7o push unless maybe you're the smallest stack, the other stacks are all about even and medium-sized, the blinds are about to go up, the big stack's raising standards are low, there's some small chance he will fold, and you're closing the action or close to it. Maybe not ALL of those are necessary but I would want at least 4-5 of them to apply before making the move.

Hand 2, push.

theredpill5
04-04-2005, 06:11 AM
Curtains, just leave me alone. I don't understand why you are doing this. Are you pissed off about your life ? Just cut it out.

Anyway, 5 SNG's at the $5's and I'm down $7 . WTF. The players are actually kind of good. Suckout after suckout and I was gone. I monied in 2 of them. 1st and 3rd. JJ lost to A5 etc etc.

I'm thinking that on some tables , you want to limp with QQ, KK, and other hands.

Consider this, I got KK, QQ (like 3 times), JJ, and I finished in 5th place. Primarily because everytime I raised preflop, everyone folded. I picked up the blind with all 3 QQ's and KK and with JJ lost to A 4. Should I not be raising these hands 4 handed ? WHy did they all fold ? I asked them if they had all read Sklansky and I got no response. Then at the end someone mentioned sklansky so maybe they had read him. This was at the $5 .

WillMagic
04-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Dude, he's trying to help you. Chill.

Will

theredpill5
04-04-2005, 06:14 AM
Not sure what you are talking about . $5 SNG's some are easy but damn, I got some difficult tables. Guy's who would actually fold to raises.

theredpill5
04-04-2005, 06:21 AM
Another question.

Blinds are 200. Small stack goes all-in for $600 in EP. It is 5 handed.

I have JJ on the button with about 2100. Do I just call this and hope SB or BB comes along for the ride so I can get some chips out of them, too ? I chose to reraise all-in for 2100 and pushed BB and SB out and his A4 sucked out on me which left me hurting as the blinds went up a few hands later.

theredpill5
04-04-2005, 07:04 AM
played 2 more. 4th place in both. I either suck or I'm getting unlucky. I'm going down to single tabling.

1C5
04-04-2005, 07:58 AM
The funniest part is that I don't think he is a troll. Actually that is pretty sad.

Blarg
04-04-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm really a noobie when it comes to SNGs, so I don't want to presume there's a ton of value in my comments on hand specifics, but in scenario 2, it seems to me that while your ploy would often work, it seems that "often" comes down a lot to having reads on who you're playing.

Any pair or any ace, even often any king will call you unless they're the chip leader and don't need to take many risks. All those hands beat you already. Many hands that would call you will beat you even if you improve. Your cards aren't connected, so you won't have much chance of pulling a straight or flush out of thin air either.

So if you get called, your chance of being behind isn't small. I guess you just have to hope you don't get called. Some of that will come from luck, and some from your table reads. Which you didn't give us.

Blarg
04-04-2005, 08:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another question.

I have JJ on the button with about 2100. Do I just call this and hope SB or BB comes along for the ride so I can get some chips out of them, too ? I chose to reraise all-in for 2100 and pushed BB and SB out and his A4 sucked out on me which left me hurting as the blinds went up a few hands later.

[/ QUOTE ]

JJ isn't that strong. Anyone who comes in cheap and spikes an ace, queen, or king will kill you. And you don't want to be facing a flop that turns into a strong draw for someone.

I think trying to isolate him by a huge bet was a good idea. Your JJ has an excellent chance against a short stack, even if he is raising from EP, and if everyone folds, it's only a $600 risk, a bit more than a quarter of your stack. It has much worse chances against three people. And it's not a folding hand.

kyro
04-04-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The funniest part is that I don't think he is a troll. Actually that is pretty sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm beginning to think he actually IS trolling now. i have way too much faith in humanity to think there is actually somebody in the world with so few brain cells.

Baked67
04-04-2005, 10:00 AM
You sir, are a douche bag...

theredpill5
04-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Baked, I hope you aren't talking to me. I'll assume that you aren't.

If you are talking to me, what in this post made you say that ?

I asked about 2 different scenarios that were perfectly fine questions. So what's your problem ? Parents divorced? Daddy touch you where he shouldn't ?

Baked67
04-04-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP - AKA middle position. With 2000 posts, I figured you knew this. WHy are you even commenting on this thread ? You don't have anything insightful or constructive to say so go jerk off on your Pamela Andersen poster, dumbass.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a mistake, someone (a damn fine poster here) asks you to clarify, and you berate him. You're a douche bag... have a nice day losing at the fives...

pooh74
04-04-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another question.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great example of why you apparently arent killing the 5s (besides your attitude sucking).

You never want 3 other hands to "come along for the ride" with JJ...that is just so fundamental and I cant even go on to explain why bc Ill hate myself.

Chaos81
04-04-2005, 08:50 PM
I love posts like these, so entertaining. Keep it up guys.