PDA

View Full Version : whole slew of new poker books out and coming out already

CDSNUTSINYAMOUTH
04-04-2005, 04:12 AM
So I just wanted this to be a thread for everyone to know which poker books that have recently come out and which ones that are about to come out, so everyone can be up to date on what to look for and what they haven't missed yet.
So I guess what are some new books that are worth taking a look at and what books are on the horizon ?
Ed Miller's Getting Start in Hold 'Em
The Art of War Tournament Poker Book
Moneymaker's book
Supersystem 2

I guess those are just some of the recent books that I know are out. Some books I know that are coming out later:
Caro's Professional Hold 'Em book
Barry's book
Annie Duke's book
Bob Ciaffone's NL hold 'em book
Sklansky's and Ed Miller's NL hold 'em book
Danny Negreanu's book
Gus's book
Johnny Chan's Vol. 2
Harrington's Vol. 2

If anyone knows the dates to these books or what other noteworthy poker books that are coming out, please add.
Thanks.

SNOWBALL138
04-04-2005, 05:32 AM
I'm not looking forward to Caro's book, Chan's book, or Duke's book. Actually, I fully doubt that Caro will state anything of value. His target audience seems to have almost always been complete beginners.

Harrington should be very good. Daniel's book could be good, but who knows? I dunno what to expect from Gus, but I'm definitely going to flip through it.

What I really want to see is Sklansky's book, Barry's book, and Ciaffone's book.

The release date on all of these is sketchy as far as I know. The sketchiest release dates are Gus's book, and Daniel's book. I think you can find the release date of HOH v.2 somewhere on this forum. Sklansky's book is due to be released sometime in the summer I believe.

TheShootah
04-04-2005, 06:42 PM
I am pumped to read most of these! Especially Sklanskys, Barrys, Negreanus and Gus'. I think that if Dannys book or Gus' book provide any insight into their unusual styles then they will be awesome. I have a feeling Duke's will be sub par, and Barrys will be awesome. Sklansky and Millers will of course be awesome. Harrington on Hold Em promises to be awesome also. I think Ed Miller said Late August/Early September for their book, and HoH II is supposed to be out sometime in June or July. Not sure. I guess the manuscript is supposed to be done this month, but it won't be out for a while longer. /images/graemlins/grin.gif