PDA

View Full Version : HACASAG challenge days 2&3

Alobar
04-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Man, how does brian do it? I've got a little over 7K hands so far, and I HATE poker /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm prolly close to tripling the time I normally spend playing poker. Hopefully I start to adapt, cuz right now, all I want to do, is NOT play poker heh.

So after a shitty first day, the second day wasn't that much better. Bad beat after bad beat, but I managed to finish up around $500. I'll spare you all the suckouts (but oh man, there were some good ones). Cool hand of the day tho was when I flopped a baby flush with 2 people stuck between me and the guy who I figured had to have flopped a set. Both flop and turn got capped. The river blanked, and the two folded (can only assume they both had big flush cards), I got in one more raise before villian finally just called. Heh, he didn't even have the set. Flopped top pair, and hit his kicker on the turn /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Today was the exacty opposite of days 1 and 2. I put quite a few suckouts on people, my AQ would river a Q against an AK, my JJ turned a J against against KK. And several times a rivered a chop against someone who had me out kicked. I've started playing with the chat turned off so I can only imagine what kind of names I was called /images/graemlins/smile.gif I finished up almost 2K for the day. yay me.

As for the other part of my challenge, I managed to fit in a hike and a 20 mile ride yesterday (im feeling ALOT better), and I did a 9 miler on the MTB today. So I'm 3 for 3 in that catagory.

The weather here is awesome, the high today was well into the 80s, and the pool is really starting to get inviting (tho the water is still pretty cold). Im seriously considering getting one of those floating recliners and taking the laptop abourd so I can make some cash while in the pool. I really fear dropping my laptop in the pool tho :/

Welp, Im tired and its off to bed. Faites de beaux reves!!

Sponger15SB
04-04-2005, 12:31 PM
I assume you'd get more replies if you just titled your post:

THIRTY THOUSAND IN SIXTY DAYS!!!!!!!
(or something)

Alobar
04-04-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume you'd get more replies if you just titled your post:

THIRTY THOUSAND IN SIXTY DAYS!!!!!!!
(or something)

[/ QUOTE ]

60 days????? Damnnit, itll be done in 30!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pfffft, like Im doing this for replies, for fame, for the girls, for the power? It's strictly love of the game baby! er, actually, girls would be kinda nice....hmmm, do we have any of those around here? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Surfbullet
04-04-2005, 07:55 PM
It might spice the posts up a bit to put:
1) A summary at the end - $ won/lost per day / week whatever and # of hands
2) maybe a hand history or 2 of something interesting.

Other than that, best of luck with the challenge - you can do it! :-D

Surf

Alobar
04-04-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It might spice the posts up a bit to put:
1) A summary at the end - $ won/lost per day / week whatever and # of hands
2) maybe a hand history or 2 of something interesting.

Other than that, best of luck with the challenge - you can do it! :-D

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

blah...damnit...I intoriduced a friend to this site, and the mofo put auto log on my comp, so my post showed up under his name....anyway, heres the post below (god bless cut and paste, I would have been pissed if I had to type that all over again)

yeah I was going to put up monitary numbers at the end of each session, and have an extrapolated earn and all that stuff. But SomethingClever's two week challenge has really inspired me to be less concerend about the actual balance in my account. If it wasn't for this challenge I wouldnt even be looking at my balance at all. I figure I'll do a hard stats post at the end of each week.

Yeah, I been meaning to do some hand histories, but yesterday I was to tired, and the first day it would have been nothing but bad beats, which I've promised not to do

I know my other post was tongue in cheeck, but I'm really not doing this so that I can get a bunch of people to read and respond to my threads. I just know that if I don't update and actually make a post, I will be less motivated to continue this. I've also had several PMs from people expressing thier interest and support in how I do, so I also update so they can follow along....Part of the reason I made this a public challenge is cuz I know it would make me feel accountable, and would "force" me to do it so to speak. So I feel honor bound to go through with daily updated, even if no one reads them. Anyway, I'm babbling, back to the tables for me!!

krishanleong
04-05-2005, 10:18 AM
Keep posting updates Alobar. Your my shorthand Hero!

Krishan

Justin A
04-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Where do you live?

Alobar
04-05-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where do you live?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahwatukee