PDA

View Full Version : deleting PT hand history files

KaBoom
04-04-2005, 02:22 AM
Can I delete hand history files from
C:\Program Files\CoralEurobetPoker\HandHistory
after I have plugged them in PT? Will this speed PT cause it is slow when autoimporting new hand histories. Thanks.

OrianasDaad
04-04-2005, 04:26 AM
That should work. When I'm finished with a session, I usually stop the timer on the last few hands, and when I'm off all the tables I force the import to get all my hands, and then I delete the files. Notice that I'm auto-importing so I don't have to do it manually all the time.

Just don't delete them while you are playing. You'll get incomplete hands on yourself that way. If you are having trouble with system lag when importing, try setting the timer up a bit. I set it to auto-import every 2 min, and that seems to work fine. I'd also recommend turning off the auto-rate feature. The icon system is an OK indicator of players, but I find it a bit lacking. You'll do better with something like PlayerView as an add-on. The recent update seems to use less processor than the previous version.

Once you have read a PT hand history file into PT, there's really no reason to do it again with that file. You might move them to a storage folder, though, and back them up onto external media every so often, because computer problems have been known to happen.

KaBoom
04-04-2005, 05:35 AM
Thanks mate. I'll delete the hand histories from my home machine. It's that when I play at work, I zip and email hand histories home and save them in hand history folder. Then I open PT and autoimport. This is where it gets very slow. I was just wondering if I need the hand histories for any reason but I guess not. Or what if I buy a new home computer and install PT on it...do I need the hand histories for this?

OrianasDaad
04-04-2005, 10:09 AM
In your scenario, I'd just do a regular import (top button). You can select multiple files by holding the control key and clicking on each file you want to import. I think you can do up to about 30 files at a time, but it can take awhile, depending on the number of hands you are importing. It's an Access thing, I believe.