PDA

View Full Version : camouflage

05-02-2002, 05:36 PM
While playing BJ yesterday, I wasn't really getting a lot of heat, but I was definitely being watched. I was playing two hands, minimum $50 each, doing well, and really didn't want to deviate just to throw them off, but I wanted to do something so the PC would go away.

Then I was presented with the perfect opportunity. I was dealt A2 on one of my hands, against the dealer's T. This was a double deck game, so I picked up my cards and brushed them for a hit. Bingo. A perfect 8.

Now I'm sure I'm not the first one to ever do this, but it just occurred to me. I took another hit. A 5. So I hit it again. An 8. I turned my busted hand up. The dealer looked them over. "Sir, you hit 21."

D'oh!

The PC was watching and said, "It's against the rules to hit 21. You'll have to back up the cards." The dealer did, and he paid me.

When I did this, I was sure that is what would happen. I have seen it many times when a tourist made an honest mistake. So there really wasn't any risk, and afterwards, I was left alone to continue my heads up game. Like I said, this might not be an innovation, it might be the oldest trick in the book.

But is worked.

05-03-2002, 04:34 PM
Brett,

I do not believe it is used by many counters at all. I commend you for the presence of mind it takes to pull that off and get some relief. Bravo Sir!!!

Now I understand why I like all your posts, you seem to give everything very careful thought.

Jimbo