PDA

View Full Version : Do you need FPS reflexes to get a table now?

Blarg
04-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem like you have to be a teenager FPS shooter or RTS game fan on a sugar rush to get a table at the Party skins 5+1 and 10+1 tables now?

On Party, Empire, and Eurobet, I sometimes have to click as many as 20 tables to get one that lets me in without already being full. I keep all three skins open just so I can find a game and get in it before it's too late.

Usually the tables are full by the time I get in, and for some reason the "hide full tables" button doesn't work on the SNG's; it'll say "Waitng for 10 players" under the "status" button in the lobby even when the game is already on level 5 and half the players have been eliminated. I've even accidentally joined regular hold'em SNG's as opposed to the limit ones I like, because the games shuffle around in the Lobby section and you get transferred to different games even as you click and can't see what game you're geting into because it's obscured by the joining table button. Then when you get there, you have to click on an open seat and the confirmation button like lightning to have any chance at all to get a seat. I almost wound up in an Omaha game by accident and a stud game by accident once.

Anyway, this is nuts. I haven't played in a month or so, and the Party & skins servers seem way slower than they used to. I didn't use to have so much trouble getting in. Is anyone else noticing this?

People talk about 4 and 8-tabling SNG's, and I can't even get in a single one very easily with three damn lobbies open!

The Yugoslavian
04-04-2005, 01:53 AM
I've only had significant trouble for the week I 8-tabled the $11s (b/c they fill up so uber-fast).

I'd have not all that much trouble 8 tabling the 22s or 33s....no prob 55s+ as applies to opening enough STTs.

Yugoslav

SuitedSixes
04-04-2005, 01:59 AM
The fast twitch muscles of your hand and wrist are more conditioned than the rest of us.

The Yugoslavian
04-04-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The fast twitch muscles of your hand and wrist are more conditioned than the rest of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Practice makes perfect! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yugoslav

WarDekar
04-04-2005, 02:32 AM
I have a program to automatically click the check box for you. I'm working on making it autojoin based on certain conditions, I'll let you know when it's available.

Maulik
04-04-2005, 02:34 AM
that's super exciting.

Blarg
04-04-2005, 02:52 AM
That's very interesting.

I looked through the menu and didn't see anything that looked like it would let me do that, so I guess it's got to be coded.

shejk
04-04-2005, 07:21 AM
Maybe I'm just superstitious but I believe it helps to click the limit you want to play, to get it to update. The tables usually take a long time to fill up, but it takes a long time for the client to update which you can join.

theredpill5
04-04-2005, 07:43 AM
I could probably code something like that in C++ but not sure how reliable it would be from computer to computer.

Blarg
04-04-2005, 08:10 AM
It's definitely incredibly slow to update. Uncountable times, I've gone into tables that said there 10 spots open to find not only were they already filled, but 3 or 5 people had already been eliminated from the tournament! Now THAT's slooooooowwww...

shejk
04-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Generally, I only encounter that when I've had the lobby in the background for a long time while playing. Often it hasn't updated since you started your last set.

dfscott
04-04-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I could probably code something like that in C++ but not sure how reliable it would be from computer to computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

How hard could it be? As long as it's Windows, you can just grab window handles and shoot messages to them. With the help of something like Spy++, its should be pretty straightforward unless the client is doing something really freaky.

dfscott
04-04-2005, 09:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm just superstitious but I believe it helps to click the limit you want to play, to get it to update. The tables usually take a long time to fill up, but it takes a long time for the client to update which you can join.

[/ QUOTE ]

I click and unclick the "Hide full tables" checkbox. Again, possibly superstitious, but who knows. A have a little keyboard macro that once I find a table with an open seat and click it, it will click the checkbox and press enter for me. Not much, but sometimes enough of an edge.

What gets me is when I have 2 or 3 tables on the bubble or later and I'm trying to start a new table and I keep opening full ones that just look like they're available. It distracts me from my play so much that I might go back to sets.

theredpill5
04-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Actually, I was looking at it. You wouldn't even have to get the handle. The box always appears in the center of the screen. You could make a program that would ask you for your screen resolution and based upon that, it would know where to click on the screen. It would just click whenever that box appears. Use screen scraping to tell if the box is on the screen.