PDA

View Full Version : I'm giving it up for good.

tripdad
04-04-2005, 01:32 AM
i just can't take this anymore. the free money is nice and all, but sweet mother of all that is holy and pure, i cannot play another hand of texas hold'em at Absolute. this site is right up there with TruePoker for insanely slow play and insanely slow bonus clearing. at least i made enough money there to buy me a new pair of glasses since it took my vision to a whole new script.

cheers!

bdk3clash
04-04-2005, 02:36 AM
I agree. They seem like they have their shit together operation-wise but their software is atrocious and borderline unplayable.

I can't believe that an online cardroom wouldn't go out of its way to develop software that deals out more hands per hour. I mean, B&M cardrooms spend thousands of dollars per table to get a few extra hands per hour with automatic shufflers. I can't estimate how much a software upgrade would cost Absolute (or any other poker room), but I can almost guarantee it would pay for itself very quickly.

afk
04-04-2005, 02:51 AM
Honestly thanks for posting this. I keep seeing all these nice looking bonuses at absolute. I'll get to the point where I want to sign up, then I read stuff like this. If the software is that terrible then I'm not really gonna bother.

mosquito
04-04-2005, 02:57 AM
It could be a really good site, but yeah, there are
issues. I'm finding good clearance at the H/L games,
but there are not enough of them.

If they could somehow fix the software then enough
xtra peps would play to make it GREAT!

Actually, playing 4-5 handed stud right now the
software is zipping. The players slow it down
a lot sometimes.

mattw
04-04-2005, 04:07 AM
i agree with all that has been said but i made $920 there last month and cleared most of it. $1/2 limit and above and .50BB NL and above most hands are raked the .25 needed for a point.

i will put up with alot of crap for that kinda dough. maybe i can buy with the $920 contact lenses for the eye damage. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

RollaJ
04-04-2005, 07:14 AM
Better late than never........ I played about 40 hands there then I cashed out, no bonus is worth a bad game