PDA

View Full Version : I own hate dirty style, name our hands.

JoshuaD
04-04-2005, 01:15 AM
Villian is hate, a 2+2'er TAG. We play together alot, we both know each others style well. He's been laggy vs me in the past, but he plays pretty standard SSH poker.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with /images/graemlins/confused.gif, /images/graemlins/grin.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hate calls, CO folds.

Flop: (5.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hate bets</font>,

At this point, I was 90% sure of his hand.

<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Hate calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hate checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hate bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

Can you name our hands? I was very sure of what he had throughout the hand, and I was right.

hate
04-04-2005, 01:20 AM
you mean "hate, a 2+2er LAG".

JoshuaD
04-04-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you mean "hate, a 2+2er LAG".

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not as laggy as some of the LAG's here, and I think you played this hand like a typical TAG would. I might have 3-bet preflop in your spot though.

P.S Pwned.

private joker
04-04-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I was very sure of what he had throughout the hand, and I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should be raising or folding the river.

flopmonster
04-04-2005, 03:19 AM
u have k Q?

JoshuaD
04-04-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I was very sure of what he had throughout the hand, and I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should be raising or folding the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, with my faith in my read, I'm right to just call.

JoshuaD
04-04-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
u have k Q?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

donger
04-04-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is hate, a 2+2'er TAG. We play together alot, we both know each others style well. He's been laggy vs me in the past, but he plays pretty standard SSH poker.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with /images/graemlins/confused.gif, /images/graemlins/grin.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hate calls, CO folds.

Flop: (5.33 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hate bets</font>,

At this point, I was 90% sure of his hand.

<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Hate calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hate checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hate bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.66 BB

Can you name our hands? I was very sure of what he had throughout the hand, and I was right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm suspicious that this is just a post to crow about having correctly guessed villain's hand.

My official guess:
HERO A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
VILLAIN: 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

JoshuaD
04-04-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If villain plays standard aggressive poker, shouldn't he be 3-betting your button raise with what I assume to be a big offsuit A/images/graemlins/spade.gif?

[/ QUOTE ]

Knowing that is what made it easy for me to read his hand. You got half way there in your post and then your logic broke down. (Edit: You edited your post, you originally had him on AJo which seemed to go against this line of logic).

[ QUOTE ]
I'm suspicious that this is just a post to crow about having correctly guessed villain's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is definitely about rubbing it in to hate that I owned the s<font color="black">hit</font> out of him this hand. But it was also a really good excercise in hand reading.

JoshuaD
04-04-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good guess, that was the other 10% in my head. Some mid suited connector. I usually don't have people on such tight ranges of hands, but I figured he had a mid suited connector if he didn't have what I thought he did. My line was good vs both holdings.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

donger
04-04-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good guess, that was the other 10% in my head. Some mid suited connector. I usually don't have people on such tight ranges of hands, but I figured he had a mid suited connector if he didn't have what I thought he did. My line was good vs both holdings.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, after my first post I started thinking that the turn check was an attempted checkraise, and then the river bet was halfway out of frustration at the failed CR.

Re-examining the thread title, it seems like you own him with some dogsh1t hand that was way behind on the flop.

How about Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the villain and Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif for the hero?

If not, please PM me the answer, I give up.

sthief09
04-04-2005, 04:33 AM
hate has 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, you have 9/images/graemlins/spade.gifAx

JoshuaD
04-04-2005, 04:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hate has 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, you have 9/images/graemlins/spade.gifAx

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

[ QUOTE ]
How about Q J for the villain and Q T for the hero?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

There was only one other hand I could see him coldcall with besides a suited connector. I thought the suited connector was a possibility, but this hand seemed much more likely to me.

donger
04-04-2005, 04:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

There was only one other hand I could see him coldcall with..

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're raising on the button, how can he be cold-calling?

JoshuaD
04-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Flat calling, not re-raising. Sorry.

donger
04-04-2005, 04:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flat calling, not re-raising. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would just like to register my opinion that the way this hand was played, coupled with the donkeys involved (kidding!) makes reading either players hand difficult.

If the villain hadn't been in the blind, I think you could narrow down the hands a lot more sharply. Or maybe I'm just complaining b/c I couldn't even come close on this one. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

JoshuaD
04-04-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If the villain hadn't been in the blind, I think you could narrow down the hands a lot more sharply. Or maybe I'm just complaining b/c I couldn't even come close on this one. /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I just got lucky on my read, but with his flat call, I was very sure he either had /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif or a suited connector. With the flop bet out, I was more sure he had /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif, but my line was good against the suited connector as well.

sthief09
04-04-2005, 05:05 AM
AA?

sthief09
04-04-2005, 05:07 AM
pocket pair
suited connector
monster

are what he could have. and by suited connector I mean

JTs
J9s
J8s
J7s
T9s
T8s
T7s
T6s
98s
97s
96s
87s
86s
85s
76s
75s
74s
65s
64s
54s

those are the suited connectors I'm playing there, which is why I thought he had one.

pocket pairs:
AA
KK

he'll have spades pretty damn often there even if he's not as loose/dumb as I am

rmarotti
04-04-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

those are the suited connectors I'm playing there, which is why I thought he had one.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
YOU DONT PLAY GOOD DRUNK

[/ QUOTE ]

JoshuaD
04-04-2005, 05:13 AM
It's none of those hands. I think he would have raised any monster because he's been lagging it up vs me lately and he knows I know that.

sthief09
04-04-2005, 05:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's none of those hands. I think he would have raised any monster because he's been lagging it up vs me lately and he knows I know that.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i thought CO limped. he posted? I'm calling with any 2 suited or connected and pushing you off them on any flop

a weak lead with Ax is a bad bet IMO

ErrantNight
04-04-2005, 08:34 AM
considering the possible range of hands of villain... why don't you enlighten us and explain where you bought your read

JoshuaD
04-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Villian had A/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, I had Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif. I had him on a lower AX, but I was close enough.

stheif convinced me that I should have raised this river.

hate
04-04-2005, 11:40 AM
I see Hero raising to isolate the CO posting fish, and I was debating a 3-bet. Are you advocating me playing this aggressively on the flop since I can put Hero on a potentially gigantic amount of hands?

Ok, JoshuaD sent me all of the sthief PMs. Am I wrong in not seeing this much differently than a defending hand? Call/call/call with TP on a blind defense seems really sucky.

DMBFan23
04-04-2005, 11:45 AM
I will say Hate has JQs and you have A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

now I will go read how wrong I am

donger
04-04-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian had A/images/graemlins/heart.gif7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, I had Q/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif. I had him on a lower AX, but I was close enough.

stheif convinced me that I should have raised this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you post those PMs? I'm curious..